Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got hit by a car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:20 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default just got hit by a car!

well it happened, 4th time i have laid one down... was on my girls bike on the way back to work, passing a golf course, dude saw me coming, i saw him, so i slowed down to 35, he waited till i was like 3 ft away and just PULLED OUT! clipped my front tire, sent the bike into the ditch and me to the pavement! he did not stop, did not stop at the light ahead just took off... i spoke to the owner of the golf course he was pulling out of and he is getting me a list of all the T times for the police dept to run vehicle checks... weird man, i know the old man saw me! i know he did! then just pulled out.... bike is fine! and i mean fine, her windshield is scratched up but that is all, i did not ever crack a turn signal cover... the bike went into a muddy ditch... me, well i have the usual road rash up and down both forarms, my hands are cut up pretty good, bruised ribs, road rash on my knee... hvae to tell you though, dockers wrinkle free are tuff pants! they held their own against the pavements... some onlookers helped me to pick up the bike and i rode it home... looks like i will spend tonight going over the bike to make sure nothing else is wrong with it that i have not noticed... scary.... everyone is tryng to kill you!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Scoob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just got hit by a car!

Know the feeling. I had some lady do that very same thing to me about a month ago. Waited till I was right at her to pull out. Luckily I had enough room to swerve and miss her. Glad to hear you are okay. Banged up but okay.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:26 PM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn Joe............But it only goes to prove, they are ALL out to get us...
&nbsp\\;
Glad to hear your not too banged up......and I'm sure your girl is happy that her scoot came out in one piece...Ya'll take care.
&nbsp\\;
Respects,
Ed

Old 06-26-2008, 05:28 PM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow....you're lucky, man....i mean, LUCKY! ....and I hope they catch the a55hole!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:29 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you are relatively OK.&nbsp\\; Weird.&nbsp\\; Hope they catch the a-hole.&nbsp\\; Also, good job on the golf course manager for helping out.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:30 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank God it wasn't da Bob... woulda been a different outcome with regard to damage...

Hope they catch the guy.&nbsp\\; Heal fast.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:42 PM
misterkidgo
Tourer

Holy crap, Joe!

I'm glad you're oki.&nbsp\\; Also, I'm sure your woman who have been upset if something had happened to her baby.... heh, and her bike too. Lucky dog in so many ways!

Incidently, some guy in his baby benz saw me coming (and I know he heard me coming) on a one way street at the posted limit with traffic behind me and pulled out. I saw him, I saw his eyes, he SAW me and still pulled out.&nbsp\\; Of course, with my girl on back, I am more defensive and less aggressive and so I had anticipated it. Blared my horn as I applied both breaks safely.

I hope the coppers catch up to him. Count your blessings again, bro... and get those guardian angels some more red bull!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:42 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

in all honesty... if i was on the bob i woudl still be laying in the street... it is to heavy and would have flipped up on top of me, where wiht her little bike i was able to move it around a bit more... THANK GOD IT WAS NOT THE BOB!!!! weird though... there is litteraly nothing wrong with her bike! strange... someone was looking out for me today, both for my safety and having to face the devil when she finds out i took her bike to work! i will post some of the road rash pics a bit later... till then i have some crap to do... i want to make sure her bike is TIP TOP before she gets on it!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:44 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Geez I am glad your ok. and you get the guy that ran off.&nbsp\\; Its just not right.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-26-2008, 05:45 PM
hddave2
Road Captain

glad to hear your ok..

Quick Reply: just got hit by a car!