Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got hit by a car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:20 PM
jim425
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: just got hit by a car!

Glad to hear you are ok.&nbsp\\; I had a similar situation years ago except I was in a F-150 with the lights on.&nbsp\\;(It had been raining earlier, and I hadn't turned them off.)&nbsp\\; His response was "He never saw me."&nbsp\\; He had been drinking.&nbsp\\; No ticket, btw, as strange as it seems and his insurance paid for a totaled F-150 that bent the frame when it went in the ditch.
&nbsp\\;
Just goes to show, you don't have to be on a bike.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:02 AM
JDixon
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you're OK.

I think there's only so much you can do and some situations aren't avoidable. but you just got to try to minimize the crash as much as possible. I've been down twice in 22 years on asphalt (one blind sided rear-ender at a light and a deer collision) and have avoided more than I can remember right now.

You just got to learn from what happened if possible and live to fight (ride) another day.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:51 AM
skull rider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing like that is ever fun, glad to here you and the bike are alright.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:49 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

well just got done working on my bobber/cafe build blasting some classic rock, and using a sawz-all! i used to make fun of those guys that wear mechanic gloves...hell i kind of like it, with the cuts on my palms i had to cover them up... snapped some pics, as you guys can see it is not that bad, my ribs and legs are pretty black and blue but that is to be expected... still mulling over what i am going to do, have to decide by tomorrow, the detective wants to close things up... ill let you know what is up... as you can see i am not cut up that bad, my ribs hurt to bad to reach up to my apes so i have been just workng on my build, got alot done! tomorrow i am going to heat and bend the back bone and weld it up! I have dropped the *** end 5 inches! not everyones cup of tea but def my style of a garage build!
*ya the pics are crappy, it is hard to take pics of yourself, I felt like a myspace teeny bopper, no way was i going to ask my girl to take picture of my cuts so i can show the guys online... she already thinks i spend to much time on this site... oh well! were else can i go talk bikes all the time!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/26534/D4FAFED6C80744319FE5B20BAA3D352F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26534/168715927238475E9F02B90020F5B2B2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26534/0B40594D5EBF46858E982B18B438547D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26534/68C45235B92640E59325257C4F6906FF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-30-2008, 06:36 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad you're [relatively] OK...see signature below.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\; .
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\; .
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-30-2008, 07:41 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad you made it out with only some cuts and bruises (that one on your hand looks kinda nasty).
\\\\\\; My guess is the guys was drinking at the club bar.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Lucky for you the girls bike was OK or
&nbsp\\;that could have put a damper on your bobber build.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Thompson Gunner
Advanced

Still waiting to hear your decision. If it were me I think I would go after him. I mean I think you did say earlier that he was a regular there and didn't play golf. What else would he be doing other than drinking? I think it would be a serious wake up call to him. Even good guys screw up. If he doesn't have something to remember it by he will likely repeat the action. I hate to say it but you COULD have been killed! What if it had been your girl on her scoot instead of you? Good guy or not, if that had happened I would have strung him up. Good luck to you Joe!

Old 07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Thompson Gunner
Advanced

So what happened Joe?

Old 07-02-2008, 12:22 AM
20LowRider02
Tourer

Charges pressed or not turn that in to his insurance company.&nbsp\\; I mean it was a hit and run that he admitted to.&nbsp\\; They will fix the bike and make a bodily injury claim.&nbsp\\; It doesn't matter if you press charges, the police have a report made showing his fault.&nbsp\\; To insurance it doesn't matter if you press charges, they owe for the damages because he is at fault.&nbsp\\; Make sure to keep records of your ER or PCP visit with their notes and any physical therapy they recommend...go to.

PS, I happen to do insurance claims!!&nbsp\\; That's how I know.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:22 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ya i met him... i did not press any charges, he was an old man that found out his son's kid was sick (real sick) went out to the pub and stayed a bit longer, he was trying to use his phone and thought i was turning in, clipped me... he was a bit toasted and did take off... he said his concense got to him and he did call the police and send his son back to check (i was already gone) the police did verify the call... he messed up, plain and simple... he handed me 500 bucks for a&nbsp\\;$200 windshield.&nbsp\\; and we called it even... i know some of you may not agree with what i did here but... it was my call, this guy was a good guy that screwed up, he had enough bad things going on in his life to add this to it... I&nbsp\\;measured all&nbsp\\;my forks, frame, and rim (everything is true) and nothing is damaged... my ribs are sore&nbsp\\;still but my road rash is almost healed up... amazing how the extra 300 makes my ribs feel a bit better... I am a big advocate of pay it forward, i got&nbsp\\;many breaks this past year, so i gave him one as well.&nbsp\\; in my mind it was the right thing. &nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: just got hit by a car!