Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got hit by a car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 10:54 AM
arkieollie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just got hit by a car!

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!&nbsp\\; I just do not understand how people can just leave without owning up to what they did.&nbsp\\; How about checking on the person you may have HURT and offer a helping hand.&nbsp\\; Unbelievable.....

Old 06-27-2008, 11:33 AM
ehretja
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe, when you perfect that back flip can you post it in the "how to" section?

Seriously though ... glad to hear you're ok man. I've been lucky to have not gone down yet but i know my day will come. It's just like dropping your bike...everyone is gonna do it sooner or later no matter what you do. I don't trust people in cars at all and add to that stupid kids standing on the side of the road. A few years back i was on my old sporty and going through a sub-division. Three teens come over to the side of the road as i approach and can hear my exhaust. I'm thinking the kids just want to see this bike when all of the sudden WHAM! one of the kids throws a rock the size of my fist right at me. Luckily it hit and shattered my mirror before hitting the bottom of my helmet. But unlike your guy these kids we're smart enough to run away... i pulled over 1/4 mile up the road, called the cops and as i went back to the scene 2 guys who were working on a truck in the drive and saw it all were roughin up the kids until the cops got there.

It just goes to show ya that you just never know and stuff happens. Isn't that why we enjoy riding on almost a spiritual level? you never know when your last ride is.

Glad you're ok man.

Jeff

Old 06-27-2008, 11:55 AM
buellrider76
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear you're ok. Had a similar thing where a woman ran a red light that I was sitting at. Missed hitting me by inches. Lucky I was in the left tire groove or she would have plowed me. Funny thing was I was picking up my buddies GSXR and wearing his gear, all bright *** yellow! Sometimes you just can't do anymore than you have.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:56 AM
pwer pla
Tourer

Damm Joe,
&nbsp\\;
Just read your thread glad all is well.&nbsp\\; Heal quick and ride on.
&nbsp\\;
BTW wafu might want to rethink your opinions before posting.&nbsp\\; I have been on the board for a while and Joe has always been very knowledgable and has a ton of miles under his belt.&nbsp\\; Would ride with him anytime.&nbsp\\; I have an old saying that I taught my kids and maybe you should learn as well\\;&nbsp\\; It is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are an idoit than speak and remove all doubt.&nbsp\\; Oh well&nbsp\\;weather is great here and I'm out of here gona go ride.&nbsp\\; Have a good one everyone.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 12:23 PM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear you're OK !!!! Very happy to know the bike didnt get it too bad either .... you might have sustained more injuries once you got home !!!!
&nbsp\\;
I almost bit it here in town 2 years ago in a similiar situation. Elderly man backs out of the cleaners right in front of me .... luckily there was no car in the turn lane which gave me my out.
&nbsp\\;
PsTaN&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 12:33 PM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain

Joe, Glad to hear you are doing relatively OK, extremely sore but in one piece.

At least you and the guys at the golf course kinda know who this guy is and can eventually track him down. Get that ***** off the road before he does any more damage.

Heal quick and keep us posted.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:29 PM
AR_Guy
Tourer

Glad to hear you're okay. Hope they find the bastaard that hit you.

We have a private golf course not too far from my home. Quite a few drunks leaving that place. At all hours of the day.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:43 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

GOT HIM!!! the police just called and let me know he called the station to turn himself in.... he said he did not realize he had hit me, but got a call from a friend.&nbsp\\; the officer i spoke with told me "off the record" he was real shaken up and for not knowing he hit me knew alot about what had happened... he bet he was drunk.&nbsp\\; I am pressing charges but not to the fullest extent... I just can not do it... he is a vet, well known in the comunity for being a good guy, has offered me hands of cash to fix the bike, he just screwed up... I know some of you may not agree with this but i have had my share of breaks when i should have been screwed.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;I walked away scratched up and buised&nbsp\\;got lucky on this one.&nbsp\\; i have to speak with the police officer to see what we are and are not going to charge him with... from what i am told i do not really have&nbsp\\;a choice.&nbsp\\; I can either go full out or not at all with the charges.&nbsp\\; I am kind of torn right now.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;one part says he turned himself in, the other part says SCREW HIM he left me in the road! we will see.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 04:33 PM
TheGuyWhoPosted
Tourer

No easy decision there.&nbsp\\; Me being 29 (going on 24) I often ask myself how would I want someone to treat my dad or grandad when I'm dealing with someone I don't know.&nbsp\\; I try not to be too much of a jerk even when some old bastard deserves it cause they might be an okay guy 90% of the time.
&nbsp\\;
If he was drunk, which you'll never know, that would make a huge difference in my sympathy for him.&nbsp\\; Otherwise, I don't think you have much choice in how he's going to be charged.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I can say I think you'll be able to "let it go" in the future if you don't press charges, if the guy really is a decent person.&nbsp\\; If he was some dirtbag repeat offender I'd press charges faster than a teenage hummingbird beats&nbsp\\;its pecker.
&nbsp\\;
At least some compensation for damages and injuries is in order I think.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Punty
Road Warrior

Whatever you decide Joe, will be the right thing to do
&nbsp\\;
I hope you are healing well