Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got hit by a car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:38 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: just got hit by a car!

ORIGINAL: wafu321

I’m glad you didn’t get hurt seriously but I think everyone is missing the big picture here. Dude you have crashed 4 times on a motorcycle. You either have the worst luck of anyone on a motorcycle or you need to improve your riding skills. I got my first street bike the year before you were born and have probably averaged around 5000 miles a year for the last 28 years with 1 crash. That crash was in 1995 and reason I crashed was I was drunk. It was a single vehicle crash with no one to blame but me. You need to do something before your 5th crash happens. OK I'll get off my soap box now.
&nbsp\\;
Totally useless and uncalled for post considering you obviously know nothing about Joe, his riding habits or abilities, or the circumstances of the times he's been down.&nbsp\\; Get off the soapbox and stay off&nbsp\\;- forever.
&nbsp\\;
Joe, glad you are okay.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam Bro, just glad to hear that your not too bad. I hate to hear about things like this. Sounds like someone was watching out for you. Happy new V-Rod shopping!!! Some guys here would kill to have thier other half say that after they layed down a bike.
Think the guy did it on purpose?&nbsp\\;Just sounds like he did, not sure&nbsp\\;but dam .......&nbsp\\;If this was the case, may God rest his Soul (if you know what I mean).

Old 06-27-2008, 09:01 AM
misterkidgo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe next time i will try to back flip the bike over the car and add a super man for extra points... ya know, to improve my riding!
hahahah.&nbsp\\; [sm=funnypostabove.gif]

i can see it now- "Street Bob Catches Mondo Air to Avoid Collision.&nbsp\\; Local Police Give Mad Props"

So... I am curious- What did the little lady have to say?&nbsp\\; Or is it you and hdforums little secret?&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 09:32 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ooh she knows now... i feel like someone took a baseball bat to my ribs, my hands and forarms now have scabbed up, so i feel them everytime i move... ahh... ooh well, met with the police and head of the club house today, yep he was in the Gin mill getting drunk... he did not play golf, has to use a walker to get around, but is a regular at the bar.&nbsp\\; funny thing is no one knows his last name or where he lives, I have Jim the guy that drinks Jack and cokes on thursdays to go off of.&nbsp\\; He always pays by cash so we can not track him that way.&nbsp\\; we will have to wait to see if he is dumb enough to come back thurs.&nbsp\\; I have to order a new windshield for her bike, but that is all, everything else i was able to polish out... funny i get tossed into the street ad the bike goes into some muddy grass, go figure.&nbsp\\; ill let you guys know what happens at things progress.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:39 AM
stell55chevy
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sorry to hear about the spill, but glad to hear you came out ok.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:49 AM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

ooh she knows now... i feel like someone took a baseball bat to my ribs, my hands and forarms now have scabbed up, so i feel them everytime i move... ahh... ooh well, met with the police and head of the club house today, yep he was in the Gin mill getting drunk... he did not play golf, has to use a walker to get around, but is a regular at the bar.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; funny thing is no one knows his last name or where he lives, I have Jim the guy that drinks Jack and cokes on thursdays to go off of.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; He always pays by cash so we can not track him that way.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; we will have to wait to see if he is dumb enough to come back thurs.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I have to order a new windshield for her bike, but that is all, everything else i was able to polish out... funny i get tossed into the street ad the bike goes into some muddy grass, go figure.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; ill let you guys know what happens at things progress.
Sorry about your crash. I to have had the pleasure of dealing with roadrash scabs, probably due to my lack of riding skill when the deer jumped in front of me or when like you someone pulled out in front of me with only a few feet between us. If you figure out how to avoid that (other than parking the bike forever), please let us all know \\ .

If you have a vehicle description and a first name I would think the police could probably track the old guy down. A guy with a walker is probably not driving far to get his drinks. Good luck finding him, hopefully someone gets his *** off the road soon. I am not sure what state you are in, but if the police do not help it might be worth your time to spend a buck or two on a private dick to track the guy down. Should not be too hard.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:55 AM
xmarine
Road Master

Joe
Glad your'e good to go Bro!&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; WTF is up with the comment by wafu???&nbsp\\; Luck is good.
SKILL IS BETTER, and I believe you have GOT THE SKILL DOWN PAT!!!
Good job bro, hang in there, we NEED you around here!
xmarine

Old 06-27-2008, 09:59 AM
gjb1952
Road Captain

I am glad you are ok....But, 4 crashes??? Damnnnnn!!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

Brotha Joe, Sorry to hear about what had happened. The best part is you are OK.
Hope those razzle-berries heal fast. God speed in feeling better.
Thanks a bunch for sharing your experience, It helps all your riding brothers and sisters stay aware&nbsp\\;of circumstances that are beyond our control. Sounds like you did the best you could!
God Bless and Protect you man!!
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 10:36 AM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear you took a header Joe
But 4 times? I would say you need more practice at crashing, but mama's bike came out pretty much unscathed.
I guess that means the practice is working.
Get well bud

Quick Reply: just got hit by a car!