Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got hit by a car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:49 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: just got hit by a car!

thanks brother... made me smile! and when i got home i was told "now i can get the Vrod no?!" looks like i am going bike shopping... ahh what a crappy week! thanks guys brings a smile to my face to know i can always hop on here and get away

Old 06-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Blackwater
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similar event just happened here with much more fatal results.&nbsp\\; A woman on a Sportster was clipped in the rear from some a-hole who ended up being drunk.&nbsp\\; Threw her from the bike where she was then hit by another car and then a semi tractor trailer!&nbsp\\; Needless to say, the spray paint on the road from the accident investigation team goes on and on for hundreds of yards with grotesque outlines where the individual limbs eventually came to rest.&nbsp\\; A gruesome reminder for me as I pass by it everyday to be on the defensive as it usually isn't us, but them!
&nbsp\\;
Glad to hear you are ok Joe!
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-26-2008, 11:11 PM
firestop52
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear that you are ok. Good thing you slowed down. I have had the same feeling before and some close calls (one today old lady pulled in front of me then stopped) but luckily have never been hit.&nbsp\\;
I think the point that is being missed is that it is a good thing that you didn't tear up your girls bike. That could be way worse than just getting hit by a car.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:12 AM
lonerider53
Intermediate

Joe, you really need to practice getting run over, and crashing in general............ only 4 times. Don't you know how to have fun??
&nbsp\\;
Real glad you came out the situation in fairly good shape.
&nbsp\\;
Like someone told me, after I got run over............ You lived for em to try again, another day.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:17 AM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum

I'm so glad to hear you are doing OK, the outcome could have been a lot worse!
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 12:21 AM
beendad
Road Warrior

God Joe!! How could you?? I mean, 4 times?!! For cryin out loud, for the love of pete man!! JUST KIDDING!! I cant believe what wafu said to you, thats kinda like bragging about not having a ticket in "x" amount of years! Hope he doesn't have an accident coming his way now! Anyhow, glad your ok and that your gorgeous woman's bike is alright as well! Peace out!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:27 AM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to hear you are OK.&nbsp\\; Now go get that bastard.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:57 AM
wall018
Novice

Hey Joe, glad to hear you are ok, thats the most important thing, I'm sure you know this is the most common m/c accident that occurrs. Don't feel bad, I've been going to calls with lights and sirens ( marked HD police as well as a car ) and people still do the same thing. It seems to me that between cellphones, ipods, navigation systems ect. and just peoples general disregard for others on the road these are just the times we live in, I see it everyday, and amazingly enough no body ever did anything wrong. I really hope the local cops find this guy, it is a misdemeanor in most states to do what he did and possibly a felony if he has done similar things in the past. Good Luck

Old 06-27-2008, 02:47 AM
LownBlue
Cruiser

Glad to hear you’re Okay. I certainly hope they track down the old dude that did it.
He probably plays golf like he drives. Crappy!

Old 06-27-2008, 03:26 AM
Roadman56
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about your mishap. Chances are he was at the club house before he hit you. Maybe that's why he took off.

Quick Reply: just got hit by a car!