Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got hit by a car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:31 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: just got hit by a car!

ORIGINAL: wafu321

I’m glad you didn’t get hurt seriously but I think everyone is missing the big picture here. Dude you have crashed 4 times on a motorcycle. You either have the worst luck of anyone on a motorcycle or you need to improve your riding skills. I got my first street bike the year before you were born and have probably averaged around 5000 miles a year for the last 28 years with 1 crash. That crash was in 1995 and reason I crashed was I was drunk. It was a single vehicle crash with no one to blame but me. You need to do something before your 5th crash happens. OK I'll get off my soap box now.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I have been riding for over 13 years now... all sorts of bikes, i have been hit by a car this makes 2xs... hit a cow patty/oil patch&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;on some twisties while running a cafe race in southern Missouri... and had a bail of hay fall off a truck and explode in front of us, the guy that was next to me, panniced and slammed into me... I put on an adverage of 15k miles a year, and ride year round.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; i have taught motorcycle safety courses for the university of missouri while finishing up my degree.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I am&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; not saying that there is not room for improvment in ANYONES riding... but if you can tell me ANY way i could have avoided these situations i would be happy to listen... being able to lay a bike down and walk away is hard enough to learn in itself.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; the first time i was hit by a truck was from the back doing 45 on a two lane road... he said he could not judge distance from me, in the middle of the day... so if you have any advice how i can improve my riding i would be more than happy to listen.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I know several riders like myself... we ride in the city alot... it happens.
In todays situation, if i woudl have gone left i would have hit is passanger door, he clipped my front tire, after i had anticipated something by slowing down to around 25 on a 45, the fact that i did this allowed me to attempt to ride it out though the ditch...wiht all the rain fall we have had it was mud the bike went down with me on it... maybe next time i will try to back flip the bike over the car and add a super man for extra points... ya know, to improve my riding!

Old 06-26-2008, 07:50 PM
GentlemanBiker
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear it and glad you're okay. Been there. I definitely hope they get the guy. Leaving the scene is a serious offense. If the driver is found, get a lawyer. Apart from damage to the bike, this jerk's insurance company will probably write a check to make the whole thing go away. If they are talking to a lawyer, they will write a bigger check than they would otherwise.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:12 PM
jujuPOPE
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wafu321.... is your avatar a kid pissing on The Eagle? Whats that about

Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe, I'm glad to hear you're okay!&nbsp\\; Thanks for posting about your experience.&nbsp\\; I am still a new rider and I always thought if I made eye contact that chances were that they saw me.&nbsp\\; I'll never take that for granted again.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Keeg
Tourer

Hey Joe-&nbsp\\; Glad to hear you're Ok and made it through relatively unscathed.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-26-2008, 08:30 PM
madden23
Road Master

Glad you are Ok and I agree sometimes **** happens no matter how careful,experienced and alert you are, in 35 yrs. of riding I've had lot's of close calls, and&nbsp\\;one "close encounter", just yesterday some tool whipped left in front of me to turn into an alley&nbsp\\;, cut me off, had to slam on brakes,and he&nbsp\\;just missed an old guy on the sidewalk too, so I yelled at him, and he flips me off through his sunroof, unbelievable. Too many drivers are in their own little world and oblivious to everything else,sad.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:42 PM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

glad your OK man. cuda been way worse. hope she still lets you ride her bike once in a while&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;i had an old man come out of a driveway between 2 cars and hit me broadside in the left lane. me and the sporty didn't fare so well to say the least. and the D!CK didn't have insurance to top it off. it taught me to expect them to pull out and be ready for it.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:15 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to hear you're ok Joe.&nbsp\\; I'm sure the GF will hurt you more for taking her ride than dumping the bike did...lol

Old 06-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I would be staking out the golf course parking lot... He probably is a regular there.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

joe Im glad your ok&nbsp\\; , as for the guy busting your chops on riding skill all I can say is he must have some boring rides under his belt. I been riding since 1972 and have kissed the pavement and plowed the dirt more than I care to remember .&nbsp\\; all the skill in the world cant fix a stupid person in a cage . the last time I crashed my wife pulled up on her bike as I was getting up off the pavement snd said dont expect to be riding my bike since you crashed yours . lol nothing like kicking a man when he's down I say.

Quick Reply: just got hit by a car!