Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got hit by a car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 06:31 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member
Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RE: just got hit by a car!

It's scary but I've had similar situations. Even though you think you've made eye contact they still pull out. The problem is they are looking through you, not at you. They don't see the bike, they are looking for other cars.
&nbsp\\;
Glad it turned out relatively ok. Hope you don't get any more injuries when your ol' lady finds out you took her bike.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:43 PM
wafu321
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I’m glad you didn’t get hurt seriously but I think everyone is missing the big picture here. Dude you have crashed 4 times on a motorcycle. You either have the worst luck of anyone on a motorcycle or you need to improve your riding skills. I got my first street bike the year before you were born and have probably averaged around 5000 miles a year for the last 28 years with 1 crash. That crash was in 1995 and reason I crashed was I was drunk. It was a single vehicle crash with no one to blame but me. You need to do something before your 5th crash happens. OK I'll get off my soap box now.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:48 PM
expy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As much as I hate scubbing road rash out of hands and forearms glad to hear thats all you got out the ordeal.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:50 PM
reded
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad you werent in a '75 Dodge 3/4 ton with a snow plow on the front. Just leave it glued and blow that old bastard out in the weeds, see how good he likes it.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:52 PM
RKLeo
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 27 Posts

ORIGINAL: wafu321

I’m glad you didn’t get hurt seriously but I think everyone is missing the big picture here. Dude you have crashed 4 times on a motorcycle. You either have the worst luck of anyone on a motorcycle or you need to improve your riding skills.
&nbsp\\;
One could argue that he is the luckiest man alive. Four crashes and he is still riding. Someone is looking out for him.
I am glad your OK!!!!!
Hunt down that bastard.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Punty
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DUDE I am so glad that you are OK (more or less) and grateful that it could have been much worse.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Good thing you didnt get her that Vrod yet.
&nbsp\\;
heal fast
&nbsp\\;
best wishes
Punty
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
PS.&nbsp\\; I know I would have stopped just to watch you pass by on that lil bike

Old 06-26-2008, 07:06 PM
freebyrd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m glad you didn’t get hurt seriously but I think everyone is missing the big picture here. Dude you have crashed 4 times on a motorcycle. You either have the worst luck of anyone on a motorcycle or you need to improve your riding skills. I got my first street bike the year before you were born and have probably averaged around 5000 miles a year for the last 28 years with 1 crash. That crash was in 1995 and reason I crashed was I was drunk. It was a single vehicle crash with no one to blame but me. You need to do something before your 5th crash happens. OK I'll get off my soap box now.
with regards to that, i'll say this iam 43 and started riding when i was 13, including dirt bikes, i probably been down twenty times[8D]**** happens i guess
freebyrd

Old 06-26-2008, 07:15 PM
HDJaco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I witnessed the same type of thing Monday morning on the way to work. A guy on a crotch rocket, going the speed limit, got pulled out on three feet from the car. If it was me on my bob and not a crotch rocket there would have been no way to swerve out of the cars path. He did&nbsp\\; get by without a crash but at the next light he was so visibly shaken I suggested he park it for a few minutes to catch his breath! You always have to be on guard.
Jay

Old 06-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Thompson Gunner
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thing you are OK Joe! Good luck hunting that bastard down! I wish that someone else could have seen it and chased down the old guy for you!

Old 06-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's scary but I've had similar situations. Even though you think you've made eye contact they still pull out. The problem is they are looking through you, not at you. They don't see the bike, they are looking for other cars.
&nbsp\\;
I think this is right. You can't trust eye contact because I've heard this story too many times. Like everybody else I'm really glad you weren't hurt worse.
&nbsp\\;
I'll repeat my normal sermon for these situations: Please look back at what you could have done to avoid it even though it was obviously his fault. Sometimes it's just unavoidable, but often there is something we can do as riders to not get clipped even when the other guy is obviously in the wrong. But again, I'm glad you're OK and posting![sm=happy046.gif]

Quick Reply: just got hit by a car!