Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hate my 2-up look - rant

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 02:13 PM
sonic
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hate my 2-up look - rant

Thinking like me, when she is riding with you&nbsp\\;do what you got to do. When shes not, dump the two up seat
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
ORIGINAL: evansf_fde

You own a screwdriver, do not be afraid to use it....lol. &nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Just put the two up seat on when the wife is riding with you.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:14 PM
gjb1952
Road Captain

For a 2 up it looks pretty cool...Maybe paint it white or something.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:21 PM
misterkidgo
Tourer

You're right... it looks nasty.

heh... it prolly doesn't look so bad with a woman on the back tho.&nbsp\\;

I was having a problem considering what kind of seat I should go for being that my stock 2-up one is rather rough.&nbsp\\; And even though my girl doesn't complain at all about the seat since I got her the backrest, I'd still like to surprise her with some comfort.

Sooo... i'll prolly be sending my stocker to the site sponsor, Mean City Cycles, so that I can keep the stock look of it, but add a hell of a lot of comfort for the both of us.&nbsp\\; (I actually like the looks and the stitching!)

Old 06-24-2008, 02:33 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: misterkidgo

I was having a problem considering what kind of seat I should go for being that my stock 2-up one is rather rough.&nbsp\\; And even though my girl doesn't complain at all about the seat since I got her the backrest, I'd still like to surprise her with some comfort.
&nbsp\\;
I still have my stock seat but never use it.&nbsp\\; I may use it for long solo trips so I can attach my bag between me and the sissy bar and give it something to rest on besides my fender.&nbsp\\; She could not and would not tolerate the stock seat.&nbsp\\; She loves the big seat but still complains about vibrations (bees as she calls it) from the sissy bar.&nbsp\\; To me, the headlight and pipes look totally out of place when the 2-up stuff is on there.&nbsp\\; I guess the passenger pegs look strange too with the solo seat on but I haven't seen any quick detach options for those yet.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-24-2008, 02:36 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

get your stock seat done up with medical grade memory foam... more comfortable than that seating atrocity and still look good! www.asweetseat.com is a site to guys local to me that do this... the seats come out super comfy and tailored to your weight/injuries.

I just got a lowrider seat to have this done to when it comes in.

they also do custom covers and such but I personally am not into that

Old 06-24-2008, 02:39 PM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh .... we've all ranted about this topic before at some point. To be honest, the bike doesnt look that bad in 2-Up. I went the QuickDetach route early on, but found the rattling more than I could take. At that point,&nbsp\\;off to rigid sideplates and use the Attitude Stick unless You-know-who decides she's gonna ride. I will admit that I'd go solo and bags only if she didnt ride at all.
&nbsp\\;
PsTaN
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

[IMG]local://upfiles/11870/3E63F802420146FEB345BF60692BBF81.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11870/1F93D06196D34C30BC2624A1FB2AEA17.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-24-2008, 02:43 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's really not that big a deal - just ranting.&nbsp\\; My bike is configured like my sig pic 95 percent&nbsp\\;of the time. Usually when she rides with me, it's for a couple of hours at most and that fugly stuff comes right back off.&nbsp\\; I did the math though and to think how much&nbsp\\;cash I have tied up in a config that I rarely use and hate on top of that...

Old 06-24-2008, 03:40 PM
SK8ROD
Banned

yeah your sig pic looks ace but that is one ugly seat!! cant you get the pillion for the LePera?

Old 06-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree with you 2007FXDC.&nbsp\\; The seat totally destroys the look of the bike.&nbsp\\; It's a good thing it's not hard to remove, huh?&nbsp\\; Well, the only time you really need it is when the OL is riding with you right?&nbsp\\; The other times you can ditch it.
&nbsp\\;
Bart

Old 06-24-2008, 04:10 PM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It ain,t that bad fx, you gotta do what you gotta do. I,m sure your being compensated in some way or another

Quick Reply: Hate my 2-up look - rant