Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need front end CLUNK service bullitin

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:57 AM
jasononaharley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need front end CLUNK service bullitin

just caught that... man that's funny!

ORIGINAL: Punty

ORIGINAL: jasononaharley

I always had the clunk... i bought the bike in Sept. '08. a few weeks later i brought her in for the 1K service, mentioned the "CLUNK" and they torqued down the nut. in march/april, i thought i heard the return of the "CLUNK" but it was because i did not tighten down my tank when i installed the lift for it (which i did not like so i removed it).

once i reached about 3,000 miles, the "CLUNK" returned. you hear it when you hit a nice bump. as someone once described it, it makes the bike sound cheap. when i called my dealership about it (knowing already about the bulletin - and having the washer from another dealership), they looked up my records and saw that when they first tightened down they did not have the bulletin, but told me to bring it in and they will replace the washer under warranty.

but back to your question... if the "CLUNK" is there, you will know it.
ORIGINAL: 07 StreetBob

Did you have the clunk at the time? \\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I haven't heard it on mine.
\\\\\\;
Dude whats the future like?[sm=joke.gif]

Old 06-26-2008, 02:54 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Need front end CLUNK service bullitin

ORIGINAL: Don51

ORIGINAL: LWOS

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Hey Don 51
....................Let us know what your Dealer says, and if they have to order parts or what.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Have him explain what they exactly do and report back&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; to this thread for the rest of us would ya???
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
You got it!!! I read from some others that the original lock nut is replaced by a thicker flat washer. I still don't see how that will be any different!!! If that's what it is, then I just might go with a regular spring lock washer, unless someone convinces me that wouldn't work. I'll see what the local HD dealer says....so far they have been pretty good with me.
They are using a thick hardened washer and going from 40lbft to 80lbft of torque.
CB