Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about new Dyna Custom

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 04:56 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Default Thinking about new Dyna Custom

I might be getting a new Dyna Custom.&nbsp\\; I'm thinking vivid black (since it'll be faster).&nbsp\\; I'm just wondering how you DC owners like your bikes.&nbsp\\; Any problems/issues?&nbsp\\; Anybody know what the '09 color options might be?
&nbsp\\;
Thanks in advance,
&nbsp\\;
John

Old 06-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Koppster
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thinking about new Dyna Custom

John,
&nbsp\\;
Quit thinking about it and go buy it. You'll not regret it.&nbsp\\; Love my FXDC.
&nbsp\\;
On the colors, I love red but sometimes I kinda wish I had the black.
&nbsp\\;
Rick

Old 06-23-2008, 05:35 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is an 06 FXD and not a Custom.&nbsp\\; The 06 was transformation year for the Dynas and they have had a few problems.&nbsp\\; I had mine in the shop last week having some major tranny work done due to a recall.&nbsp\\; The Inner Primary Bearing also went out and was replaced at the same time.&nbsp\\; Even though I am two months out of warranty, my dealer took care of both of these at no cost to me.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
After being on the\\\\he forum here for a year and a half, I am seeing fewer and fewer issues showing up on the Dynas.&nbsp\\; Harley has made many improvement to correct the major glitches as they have arisen over the last three years.
&nbsp\\;
The custom is a great bike and hard to beat for the money.&nbsp\\; I hope you take the plunge and are as happy with yours as I have been with mine.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:46 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Thanks guys.&nbsp\\; Any more opinions/info out there?
&nbsp\\;
Thanks again,
&nbsp\\;
John

Old 06-23-2008, 07:21 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

only prob I had with my 07 was a motor mount other than that flawless

Old 06-23-2008, 07:40 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Great bike and color choice if I do say so myself.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Love my FXDC and have 8000 problem free miles so far.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The sticker price dropped on the 08's and in my opinion, at the new price the FXDC is the best bang for the buck bike in the lineup.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:40 AM
NELS
Road Master
Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Hi John, I got an '08 custom and had the forward controls put on as I was used to them. I also moved the stock bars back and up 2"'s and I" to fit me and changed the seat out to a Mustang solo.The only problem I have is a valve noise when the bike warms up which the stealer told me was the kickstand rattling. I 've sent for a oil pressure relief spring which I think will fix my problem as it&nbsp\\;gets worse on a long pull uphill until I level out and then quiets down a little. Just seems to me to be a oil problem but without a guage I'm guessing. Outside of that it is an awesome bike but after getting off a hardtail kicker probably anything would feel better but I'm happy. As far as color? Is there any other than Black? (g) ~ Nels

Old 06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
RMBLON
Road Captain

I have 12K on my 07&nbsp\\;with no problems other than 2 flat tires ( Guess I can't blame that on HD),&nbsp\\; I have made 2 major long trips and numerous shorter ones in complete comfort, so it will handle the long trips and it is a blast to ride. I don't think you would ever regret getting a FXDC.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Don51
Road Captain

I have an 07 FXDC and I have only a little over 3,000 miles on mine...so far, so good!! I really like the way it rides. I'd ride it more, except for having enough time and the weather ( I'm a fair weather rider)

Old 06-23-2008, 11:41 AM
khenders
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have a slight interest in the FXDC but it has 2 problems I finf it hard to get around. First,my brother has a 07 Wide Glide and he says it's "a bit of hassle" to keep the wheels (spokes) clean. That does not appeal to me much believe me.

Quick Reply: Thinking about new Dyna Custom