Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street bob passenger pillion

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 02:30 PM
06bob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street bob passenger pillion

Wondering if anyone has any pics of a street bob with the passenger pillion attached. and how eay does it come off, any problems with marking the fender. thinking of getting one but don't want it to be a pain in the.....

Old 03-05-2006, 02:35 PM
JonHanna
Road Master
Default RE: street bob passenger pillion

It can be removed/added in a matter of minutes. And you need to get the fender buffer from the dealer.

Old 03-05-2006, 02:37 PM
tb2377
Tourer

you have to bolt the passenger pillion to the seat the put the seat on the bike so if your only gonna have that for a seat its probably going to be a little pain. i got a sidekick seat and detachabler sissy bar so i can switch back and forthe w/ no problem... but i like my side kick seat better. its more comfortable and slim enough that it doesn't look bad

[IMG]local://upfiles/7785/0CD173D0636743F29ACB86D023D5D917.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7785/CFBB3875B42B4362827248FA77A71F82.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi and welcome to the forum from New Zealand. [sm=welcomesign.gif]
I purchased a sundowner seat rather than the pillion as I was looking for comfort on long rides or with my pillion. The solo is great for everyday riding and IMHO looks much better on the bike - it gives it quite a "mean" appearance.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Atomicrat
Intermediate

Sooee

When you remove the sundowner and reinstall the solo seat, is there any damage to the fender underneath? If not, I may hit the Mastercard Just. One. More. Time.

I bought the pillion seat for my Bob but have been reluctant to put it on the bike. The bumper kit, as it turns out, is four pieces of foam rubber that you have to stick to your rear fender. Even when you do remove the pillon, you've got these stoopid squares of rubber messing up the sweeping lines of your fender.

[sm=smiley34.gif]

Old 03-05-2006, 07:20 PM
06bob
Advanced

thanks for that litle bit of info. that's what i was afraid of. let me know how it turns out or if you come up with another alternative.
the sundowner seat looks good

Old 03-06-2006, 01:32 PM
kevinb62
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the pillon installed on my bobber.(Sorry no pics) It was a pain to switch back to solo
so I bought the quick detach kit, much easier now. If you go the pillon route make sure you buy some self sticking foam ang felt for the bottom of the pillon. Wally World sells it in the craft section for about a buck a sheet (size of regular computer paper) I used both, Put the foam on first then the felt on top of that. Haven't
had any problems so far. Much cheaper than the bumper kit from harley and when you remove the pillon
you don't have anything on your fender.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:22 PM
06bob
Advanced

the quick detach kit. was that specific for thew bobber. my dealer tells me that there isn't one available. only for dynas 05 and earlier

Old 03-06-2006, 03:42 PM
kevinb62
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The detach kit in the parts book will work. In fact the dealer I bought mine from said the same thing.
To get the best fit you will have to cut a small notch on the plastic tab on the pillon. It's not hard at all,
believe me I'm no mechanic by any means and everything turned out alright. I don't know how comfortable the pillion is , never rode back there but my wife has. Made a couple of trips to Galveston from Pt. Arthur,TX.
about 100 miles since November and she hasn't complained. As for looks, It does take away from the appearence of the Bobber.

Good luck!!

Old 03-06-2006, 05:12 PM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just get another seat? Maybe a 2 up. I sent a email to corbin seats asking if they had one for the Bob.

Quick Reply: street bob passenger pillion