Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 06:54 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Helmet?

ORIGINAL: XKROME

one thing to consider. side vision is reduced with a full faced. it contributed to me getting broadsided back in 1988. haven't worn one on the street since.
Not a factor anymore on most new full face helmets. I know that I can see pretty damn good with mine.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:47 AM
trevd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airborne350G

ORIGINAL: XKROME

one thing to consider. side vision is reduced with a full faced. it contributed to me getting broadsided back in 1988. haven't worn one on the street since.
Not a factor anymore on most new full face helmets. I know that I can see pretty damn good with mine.

+1&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Side vision has never been a problem for me.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:02 AM
DoubleU
Cruiser

Wear what ever is comfortable for you.&nbsp\\; Plus, chances are after a few years you will have collected several different helmets, so you can pick which ever one matches the weather/driving conditions.
&nbsp\\;
Dub

Old 06-18-2008, 09:36 AM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum

ORIGINAL: Airborne350G

ORIGINAL: dbcoooper

You guy's make very good points.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; A lot of riders around my town wear the beannie and glasses.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I wondered how they are on the highway with bugs ect.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I took a rock of the side of my helmet the other day...startled me a bit...glad I was't wearing half and goggles then!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Although chicks van't see my good looks at the lights! he he
And maybe that is a good thing that they cannot see your looks.... LOL &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
The chicks are looking at the HD anyway!

Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

Choice ur *** ur way I prefer not to wear a helmet but I'm old and don't want to spend months recovering. My angel is in charge my life is in god's hands!! lol

Old 06-18-2008, 11:28 AM
misterkidgo
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jim425

There's really not much of a disadvantage of a full face helmet any more regarding side vision, and they are the only helmets that are Snell approved.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; They have a tremendous amount of peripheral vision now.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; If you don't believe it, go try on a newer Shoei.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; You'll be shocked.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
BTW, the top of the line helmets also have fantastic ventilation, replaceable pads to adjust the fit, and are extremely light.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Heck, they even have aerodynamic affects.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I just recently replaced my 5 year old helmet with a Shoei X-Eleven, and I was surprised how much better they are.
+1 on what jim has said.

i wear a full face shoei rf-1000.&nbsp\\; It is light and comfortable, snell-approved and as you can see from the picture, the shield provides more than enough line of peripheral sight.&nbsp\\; additionally, i do feel much much safer with them on driving around Houston freeways and on other excursions.&nbsp\\;

and yes, i've spent the money to buy 3 of them\\; a 2nd shoei to replace my first stolen one (someone cut the straps to take the helmet, heh, very dumb) and another for my gf.&nbsp\\;

I will continue to purchase, wear and endorse these:&nbsp\\;

[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-18-2008, 12:44 PM
The Pale Rider
Stage IV

I ride with a full-face as well and have had no issues with reduced vision whatsoever. I plan to get a shorty for trips around town once I find one that looks right, but for longer trips, I'll definitely stick with the full-face. I have a less expensive&nbsp\\;helmet than the one above (those Shoei's are a grip) but it's&nbsp\\;DOT/Snell approved and I've had no problems (little noisy on the road but not too bad).

Old 06-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Solitario
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 shoei

Old 06-18-2008, 01:35 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Half helmet with script sunglass's during the weekend but put on the face shield during the week on the highways. Looking at getting a 3/4 instead for the summer and a full face for winter.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:34 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't wear one but down here in Fla. I would never put a full face upon my head again.... Ruins the ride in my opinion(suffocating)... they make ear plugs for those long excursions at highway speeds and panoptix keeps the wind off the eyes.
If I need to get a helmet in the future it will be a 1/2 helmet of some persuasion for sure.

Quick Reply: Helmet?