Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Slacker8
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics

LOL! No my buddy has a sportster. He's hardcore about it for sure just can't afford a better bike yet

Old 07-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Slacker8
Tourer

UPDATE!
&nbsp\\;
Talked to the service dept. and he informed me BOTH isolators were bad. They are ordering the new ones and should be installed next week. This just goes to show that even a "brand new" dyna can have isolator issues, the bike only has 280 miles on it. I would advise anyone (especially under warranty) have their's checked if you are feeling any vibration that doesn't feel normal!

Old 07-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds like you have a dealer that knows what they are doing. Mine here do not know crap... Hell I know more about my bike then they do. And they say that motorcycle forums are crap also. They need to get in the 21st century.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:53 PM
SeeNoSun
Tourer

I spoke to the Service Mgr at my dealer. She says that the front isolator on Dynas has not been a big problem for their customers. She says they have sold 5 isolators this year and two of them were to me. She said other than replace mine under warranty there is nothing she can do to determine why this part continues to fail.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:05 PM
SeeNoSun
Tourer

OK - so this ones on me. I narrowed down my vibration to either the motor mount or the bike was running lean. I decided to check my spark plugs. Pulled the one on the rear cylinder it looked a little gray with some tan areas. Not too bad. I went to check the front one and the wire pulled off with no resistance. I thought this was odd. I pushed it on and it clicked like normal. Pulled it back off and this time there was a normal feel and it seemed tight. I checked the plug anyway. It looked a little funky but not too bad. I reinstalled and plugged the wire in securely again. Went for a spin and the vibrations are back to what I would consider normal. My bike is running great again.

Loose spark plug wire. Duh...

Old 07-21-2008, 08:16 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

OK, I guess I'll chime in with an issue. Exactly what do you feel when a mount (front or rear) is bad? In my mind, I think the only way a mount can fail is if the rubber tears or splits, which one would think would cause a vibration or "thump" all the time. My Wide Glide is pretty smooth all the time, but in certain situations I get a light "thump" in the foot pegs, which seems to be related to engine speed. For example, when I am hitting 60mph in 4th (5 speed) and hold it there, I get a sporadic, light thump in the footpegs. It also does it under a light load at around 65-70 in 5th. No excessive vibration at any other time. Normal idle handlbar jumping, but it's pretty smooth all other times. It doesn't feel normal to me, but I just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else can come up with something. Going on a 3000 mile trip and don't want the motor to fall out...

Old 07-21-2008, 08:18 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Damn, I posted without losing more hair. Is the board fixed?

Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 PM
jarhead45
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

an 06 is rubber mounted also&nbsp\\; right... my son says no ... god bless him but sometimes I think he is an idiot. This 06 dyna superglide vibrates way too much.. I gotta get a manual.. I think it is rubber mounted also ... anyone know for sure

Old 07-21-2008, 08:36 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

As far as I know, all Dynas are rubber mounted because the TC used in Dynas is not counterbalanced as it is in Soft Tails. Correct me if I am wrong...Electra Glides also use the Dyna motor I believe, but could be wrong on that one...

Old 07-21-2008, 08:44 PM
GrayRider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What years will that mount work on? Mine is a 2002.

Quick Reply: Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics