Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 03:58 PM
expy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics

Good to hear SeeNoSun. Thanks for your input on this thread.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:40 PM
0ut1aw
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stumbled across this same problem when I accidentally stripped one of the bolts in my front isolator.
&nbsp\\;
My old and new where very different and the vibrations are better with the new one.&nbsp\\; It also has helped a great deal to allign the engine every so often.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-04-2008, 01:19 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I just did mine yeasterday and there is a difference. Most noticably in the pegs. It never bothered me but maybe now my wife can enjoy the ride a little more. I think if they went with a little stiffer rubber it would help them last longer.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:09 PM
dynaglider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ackman1968

I I think if they went with a little stiffer rubber it would help them last longer.
I believe you are right that they could be made to last longer. But stiffer rubber also would do a poorer job of isolating the vibes that you are so sensitive to.

It's a real world trade-off: longer part life results in poorer performance, but the better performing part fails too soon. What are you going to do?

Old 07-13-2008, 09:07 PM
SeeNoSun
Tourer

Well its back. I put almost 1000 miles on the new front motor mount. I just got back from Gettysburg Bike Week. I put about 200 miles a day on each day and my bike was running great. On the way home after about 20 miles I felt something change or loosen up and the vibration was back. This sucks. I can't believe the front motor mount would fail within 1000 miles of being replaced.

I'll call the dealer tuesday and see what they have to say. The guy who works on my bike is great. Hopefully he can figure it out.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

I've Noticed strong buzzing and Vibration in the pegs between 1900 up thru 2300 RPM's
Goes away after that. Anyone had these symptoms? Isolator Bad?

Old 07-14-2008, 05:28 AM
dynaglider
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Dynaflyer

I've Noticed strong buzzing and Vibration in the pegs between 1900 up thru 2300 RPM's
Goes away after that. Anyone had these symptoms? Isolator Bad?
Service manual says check for cracks or tears in mount rubber, check stabilizer for wear, check mount bolts are tight, check mount rivets are not sheared, and check that mounts support weight of motor. There are two isolators front and rear under the motor and the stabilizer at the top. With all the weight and vibration in these motors, performance will change over time with wear and shifting. Vibration in a certain range that goes away sounds normal and to be expected.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Slacker8
Tourer

Thanks expy.
I got my new 08 Bob about 2 weeks ago and noticed the vibration on the second ride. I'm taking it to the dealership today and hopefully I won't get the "it's a dyna excuse". Got to get home first to check the isolator to see if it is actually the problem. I'm still going to have the local service department check it over even if it appears to have the necessary gap. I'll post as soon as I have some more info....

Old 07-15-2008, 03:58 PM
sofus
Cruiser

I have some 6 k miles on my '08 Street Bob. It vibrates...&nbsp\\;exactly the same way as it did when I picked it up.&nbsp\\;No more, no less. Maybe I've been lucky. &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 07-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Slacker8
Tourer

Dynaglider this is my first Harley. I did have a friend(regular Harley rider)&nbsp\\;ride it and he also noticed it. I spoke with another friend and he also said it should not vibrate at all, isn't that the reason for the isolators?
&nbsp\\;
My riding experience (10+ years)&nbsp\\;is mostly on rice burners (no crotch rockets) and some dirt bikes. I understand that Harley's "vibrate" but you can tell when a vibration isn't right. The service manager told me he had one in a few months back that had a bad isolator (back)&nbsp\\;from the factory, so this isn't totally uncommon. The bike had 280 miles on it when I dropped it off this evening, I hope I get to add quite a few more.

Quick Reply: Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics