Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ness Big Sucker question

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008 | 10:39 AM
JerseyDevil
|
Road Captain
Default Ness Big Sucker question

Getting ready to do the Stage 1 upgrade and looking at A/C's. Was wondering how far the big sucker sticks out compared to the stock filter/cover? I rode a buddy's softail with a Hypercharger on it and damn that thing was uncomfortable with that sharp corner digging into my leg.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-11-2008 | 10:47 AM
gapwl3
Intermediate
Default RE: Ness Big Sucker question

It sticks out a little more but isnt that noticable, but then I also have a round insert that i'm using as a cover so i have no sharp edges, plus i have 5" extension highway brackets to get my legs away from engine..

Old 06-11-2008 | 10:54 AM
SilverSpark
Novice

Just measured mine. Back of back plate to face of filter, 4 inches overall. Then you would need to add whatever cover, if any. I used a flat stainless steel round cover, same diameter as air cleaner, with stock trim ring. 1/4 inch.

Old 06-11-2008 | 11:01 AM
crabs
Advanced

I've got a ness big sucker with stock cover.No problems also got Ness bigshot Adjustable Fuel Injection Tuner.No need to adjust for stage 1 with v&amp\\;\\\\\\;h big shots.

Old 06-11-2008 | 11:06 AM
JerseyDevil
|
Road Captain

Cool, thanks guys. I kind of like my 08 teardrop shaped cover but the open element looks good as well. Can you use the stock cover? Not sure if the backing plate comes in to play with that.

Old 06-11-2008 | 11:11 AM
gapwl3
Intermediate

I tried using my stock cover but it started to rub underneath the tank on my first test ride, so i immediately changed to the small insert cover.&nbsp\\; Plus I think the open element looks cool, gives it a custom look.

Old 06-11-2008 | 11:12 AM
SilverSpark
Novice

stock cover can be used with the ness b/s.

Old 06-11-2008 | 11:34 AM
crabs
Advanced

No need for stock backing plate.The only part you use is the stock cover.Just take everything of and bin it.Then install big sucker takes about 10 mins.

Old 06-11-2008 | 02:27 PM
ShoreRider
Road Master

I have the AN BS on my FXDC with the MudMod cover and it doesn't get in the way at all, whether using my mids or forwards.

Old 06-11-2008 | 03:51 PM
JerseyDevil
|
Road Captain

Thanks fellas, yeah the MudMod looks great, that's probably what I'll end up doing.

One more, are all these high flow A/C's for Stage 1 relatively the same performance wise? (Ness Big Sucker, K&N RK3909, SE Stage 1 intake kit, SE Heavy Breather)

Quick Reply: Ness Big Sucker question