Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiating for Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Keith 1450
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiating for Street Bob

Has anyone in England got their Bob yet ?I placed an order in September .

Old 03-03-2006, 10:35 AM
JonHanna
Road Master
Default RE: Wiating for Street Bob

I guess the demand is sooo high for the bob that the american dealers are getting theirs first My dealer has another vivid black right now on the floor.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:39 PM
link69
Novice

Keith

Ordered my BOB in November 2005 told it would be here about Feb , March but then told in Jan 2006 more like May2006 , have you sorted out any after market pipes yet as you are probably aware the standard pipes are way to quite>
LINK69 ( Essex Uk ).

Old 03-03-2006, 02:59 PM
spongebob
Intermediate

ordered mine in september got it in november
i was lucky not many in europe

Old 03-03-2006, 03:04 PM
streetbobjim
Cruiser

its true that they are in short supply in the uk. I ordered mine at the end of october. I have been given a build date of 1st March, so maybe its on its way now. I dont know how long it takes to get from the us to the uk by sea, does anyone have an idea?

Old 03-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Keith 1450
Intermediate

Hi, I know what you mean they are way to quiet ,haven,t decided yet, like the V&H straight shots .

Old 03-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Keith 1450
Intermediate

Hi, I,ve spoken to dealer he said it could be less than two weeks.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Atomicrat
Intermediate

I ordered my Bob from Dockgate20 in Southampton at the end of October. The plan was to take delivery in March - partially to get an '06 plate and partially to avoid the worst of winter. I got a call from the sales manager in late November to say my bike was halfway across the Atlantic. Initially, when he said this, I thought "b*gger! I don't want it right now!" but in the few minutes he was on the line I got so stoked about the idea I had to say "Great, man!". The next few weeks just kinda _crawled_ by but the guys at DG20 did a fantastic job at sorting out my new ride for collection on the solstice - I think she was still in the crate only 4 days earlier.

I got the bike fitted up with SEII's before I took delivery - the sound of the stock pipes was just too pitiful to be true. The high-flow filter and download* are due to go on next Friday when she gets the 1k service.

*or SERT - this forum has really got me thinking about this one. In my mind, a suitable anology would be the differences between renting and buying your house - renting is cheaper, but what you invest ultimately just vanishes... buy, and while the cost stings at first, it's yours to do what you want with - and who knows how your plans or circumstances might change in the future.
[sm=smiley34.gif]

Old 03-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Keith 1450
Intermediate

I was given a build date ,it was Dec 2nd . A friend of mine said it was generally 8 weeks from build date to delivery. It seems to be a lottery of who gets what when !

Old 03-04-2006, 07:02 AM
link69
Novice

It seems that the V& H pipes are popular , but nobody seems to know when they will be ready if you want to save money and get a good sound TRY THE SE 11 slip on mufflers , the only trouble they stopped making them last year so you need to find some HD dealer that still has them in stock I brought mine from The Black Bear in Suffolk £ 250.00 including delivery of course when you fit these you will need and SE airfilter ( Or other free flowing air filter that fits and to remap your ignition which Hd dealers here seem to recommend the 2006 Softail down load NOT the Dyna down load .
Good Luck
LINK69

Quick Reply: Wiating for Street Bob