Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I HATE Harley Dealers!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 11:51 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: I HATE Harley Dealers!!!!!!

i`ve been preaching this for over a yr, stay away from them and they will come down to our level, indep, are all ex harley mech, and get tired of the bull at dealers, plus indys will let you watch and learn

Old 06-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Zevron
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's called litigation. The Harley dealer sends a bike out of the shop with a questionable tire. The customer gets a flat crashes his bike. His insurance company sues the Harley dealer to recoop thier losses. I can't see blaming the dealer. You expect him to make the&nbsp\\;small fee to inspect your bike at the same time opening himself up to a huge lawsuit.&nbsp\\;No businessman would do that.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:26 AM
Scramboogie
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

As I said, I'm not sure that they even measured the tread depth from the right spot.&nbsp\\; It doesn't make sense that you would meaure the epth of the tread from right on top of the wear indicator bar.&nbsp\\; Seems to me that they MIGHT have told a little fib for a little profit, but I'm not a certified safety inspector either.&nbsp\\; The main reason that I was so pissed is that when the service manager first looked at the bike before taking it back to the shop he said that everything but the fron tire was good to go.&nbsp\\; Next thing I know the same rear tire and brake pads that he checked and said were fine 20 minutes before are all of the sudden not safe???&nbsp\\; I just wish that if the guy telling me what I would need done would have known what the @#%&amp\\; he was talking about in the first place.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Punty
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Zevron

It's called litigation. The Harley dealer sends a bike out of the shop with a questionable tire. The customer gets a flat crashes his bike. His insurance company sues the Harley dealer to recoop thier losses. I can't see blaming the dealer. You expect him to make the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;small fee to inspect your bike at the same time opening himself up to a huge lawsuit.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;No businessman would do that.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
NO Its Called Greed, it didnt&nbsp\\;meet the requirments to&nbsp\\;NEED a Tire
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Kaycee
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with wideglidebob on this one,of course I do most of my own work and if I take it somewhere the indys will answer your ? and not try and snowball you.Have a good one and be safe

Old 06-09-2008, 12:32 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

NYS is ok till the tread markers show so I would say a bunch of crap

Old 06-09-2008, 12:53 PM
ConnMan
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can't look at the tire and tell whether or not it's ok, and/or decide if you feel safe riding on it, you should park your bike.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Zevron
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Punty

ORIGINAL: Zevron

It's called litigation. The Harley dealer sends a bike out of the shop with a questionable tire. The customer gets a flat crashes his bike. His insurance company sues the Harley dealer to recoop thier losses. I can't see blaming the dealer. You expect him to make the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;small fee to inspect your bike at the same time opening himself up to a huge lawsuit.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;No businessman would do that.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
NO Its Called Greed, it didnt&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;meet the requirments to&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;NEED a Tire
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
Yea you are probably right I'm sure the Dealer would be willing to loose a customer for the profit he would make off of 1 tire. (sarcasm)

Old 06-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Street Bob Daryl
Novice

I haven't found a dealer yet that is worth spitting on.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, who is doing their math correctly?
2/32 = 1/16 not 1/8.
You gotta reduce the fraction not make crap up on the fly.

If the tire was 1/16 above the tread mark, that is still within legal limits 1/8

less then 1/16 tread is illegal, more than 1/16 is legal for you. Not necessary for the dealer.

They did right thing as far as the tire was concerned. Most stores can not legally touch the rear tire, IE remove it and put it back to do break changes, pass inspections, etc if the tire is @ 1/16 of an inch. 1/8 of an inch is too close to call. Trust me I know.

You really are better off with the new tire anyways. That 1/16 of an inch tread could cost you your life, bike or even more money towing the bike in for repairs later.

1/16 of an inch is about enough to get you out of the parking lot and half way down the road.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: I HATE Harley Dealers!!!!!!