Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, its definitely between Bassani 2-1 or Rinehart 2-1.. thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 07:12 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Ok, its definitely between Bassani 2-1 or Rinehart 2-1.. thoughts?

Hey guys,

So it is definitely between these two exhaust options. I just can't decide which.. I've listened to a sound clip for the Rineharts, and they sounded pretty good, but I would love to hear the Bassani's and nobody here has them. Any thoughts?

Which perform better of the two?

Cheers,
Adrian

Old 06-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Treasure
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ok, its definitely between Bassani 2-1 or Rinehart 2-1.. thoughts?

Loved my rinehart when the bike was a stock 88 06stbob....sound was great....now with the GMR 98 kit it is a bit over the top loud when your rippin on it......GMR suggested going to the bassani for better performance but I'm a bit sketchy about swapin because I can lug the bike with the rinehart in residential areas and keep it pretty quite....don't want trouble with the city cops or **** of the home owners in the area......and the rinehart get the noise further back past your right ear for long hard riding......I really wish like you I could hear a sound clip and I do like the look of the bassani better.....i did get performance coating to coat my header pipe shields in 2000F matt black and may get the muffler done too if I end up keeping it....I think performancecoating.com is a bit cheaper than jet hot......just an option if you want to go all black pipe.

please throw out location if you find a sound clip for the bassani....also what vedors and prices have you found?

Old 06-02-2008, 10:49 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the input. I listened to a couple sound clips for the Rineharts and they sound pretty good, a bit quiter then I would like, but reasonable. I have a feeling the Bassani's will be louder and perform better but I like the look of the Rineharts better. I'm pretty stuck right now..

As for prices.. I found the Bassani's on Ebay for $570 from American Classic Motors. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow afternoon to see if they are really in stock, since I've heard that they sometimes sell products that they really don't have available right then and there. I dunno.. we'll see. And my fiance works at a motorcycle shop so she can get 20% discount off the Rinehart pipes making it come out to $554 before taxes, so thats a pretty good deal as well.

I'll try and search around more for the Bassani sound clip and if I find anything, I'll post it.

Cheers,
Adrian

Old 06-02-2008, 11:12 PM
huaust3
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very happy with my Rinehart 2-1...great sound, especially from low rpm's through the power range...just a deep thrum that builds and builds into a flat out blast at top rpm. Plus, I love the look.
JMHO and good luck with your choice.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Voting for the Bassani. Friend has then on his bike and they sound wonderful!
i

Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

I'm thinking Bassani's as well. Been reading a lot more post about them and I am finding myself more attracted to them. I'll call American Classic Motors tomorrow to see if they really do have them, and if so, I'm ordering.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Cheers,
Adrian