Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decent motorcycle lift?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:17 PM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decent motorcycle lift?

I did my 1k service and still need to do a few things that require a jack. What's a decent jack/lift to use for my dyna? I've read some pretty bad things about the red Sears lift. I know I'll have to purchase the dyna lift adapter kit as well. This thing will definitely get a lot of use.

Thanks

Old 06-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Decent motorcycle lift?

My lowered Wide Glide fits perfect over my Sears yellow lift. No accessories needed. Money well spent.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 PM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

I bought the aluminum (yellow) lift from Sears and it works great on my RK - tell me more about the Dyna adapter? I've been thinking about a way to work around the differences in height between the left and right sides.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:22 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not this crap again. Poor little red lift.

There's nothing wrong with the Red Jack other than maybe it isn't expensive enough for some people. I've been using one for almost a year and I have friends that have them and have used them for multiple years and they work just fine. But, if you'd prefer to spend some more money, there are others out there as well.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Rush0608
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

Not this crap again. Poor little red lift.

There's nothing wrong with the Red Jack other than maybe it isn't expensive enough for some people. I've been using one for almost a year and I have friends that have them and have used them for multiple years and they work just fine. But, if you'd prefer to spend some more money, there are others out there as well.
I've killed two. The damn thing works fine, then when I go to lift the bike up a few months later. . . nothing. I'm all about inexpensive, but that jack is the most expensive for three uses.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Al_07WG
Cruiser

I read all the negative comments about the Searsred lift but got one anyway. Bought the Dyna adapters and for a non-lowered Dyna this lift works great. Only thing I can figure from all the bad luck some have had with the red lift is maybe Sears had a run of bad bottle jacks. Haven't had mine for long so I guess time will tell, I've used it many time tho' and no problems yet.

Al.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:30 PM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain

Doesn't need to be expensive it's just that all the negative comments on the Sears site kind of scared me away. I'd like it to last more than a year and I'm sure after the 1 year warranty it'll crap out on me.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:58 PM
deuceroadster
Cruiser

I bought the orange & black lift (if color is important)from Harbor Freight. Around 50 bucks and I've used it several times and love it. I'll be honest, I bought it because I'm a cheap bast@&d!!

Old 06-02-2008, 08:12 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I use a red sears jack. Have had it for a few years now and used many times. Have had no problems with it. Bottle jacks in general have issues,mainly leaking fluid out. Be it a cheap harbor frieght or a Blue Point. But usually filling the jack with oil and bleeding it they work again. Knock on wood the red sears jack I bought I haven't done anything with but use it.

Later,

Josh

Old 06-02-2008, 08:28 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

I've had a red Sears jack for almost 2 years now without a problem. I'm not sure about others but I never let the bike sit on the lift hydraulics. As soon as I get it up to the level I want, I got directly to the lock and off the bottle jack. Mine was so poorly made that I couldn't even get the bolts to go into the welded nuts that hold the bottle jack on. Had to chisel one off and replace with a locknut. But it still works great. I also always use a strap to hold the bike on the lift as insurance.

Quick Reply: Decent motorcycle lift?