Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to pull trigger on Thunderheader or Bassani 2-1- Someone push me over!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:28 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default About to pull trigger on Thunderheader or Bassani 2-1- Someone push me over!

Hey guys,

As you can see from my sig picture, I have some big radius pipes which by the way, I love the look and sound of, but NOT the performance and I have been dying for a performance increase. I'm a bit hesitant to go with the thunderheader pipes or the Bassani road rage 2-1 due to the look and not sure how its going to sound. I know, everyone says the sound is amazing, but how would it compare to my V&H Big Radius pipes? I'm running them without any baffles right now, so there pretty damn loud and I have a feeling that I might miss the sound. Anyone want to try and push me over the edge? Is the performance gain really that big of an improvement? I was debating on getting the blacked out pipes, but might miss the chrome.

AHH! I don't know what to do.. someone help me out here!

Cheers,
Adrian

Old 05-31-2008, 10:50 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: About to pull trigger on Thunderheader or Bassani 2-1- Someone push me over!

Anyone?

Old 05-31-2008, 11:01 PM
last saint
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: About to pull trigger on Thunderheader or Bassani 2-1- Someone push me over!

DO IT!! Either one will be great. I'm a HUGE Thunderheader fan...but I do admit that the Bassani road rage is a damn good pipe too. You won't regret it. If sound is your thing...ain't nothin sounds like a thunderheader and especially has the performance to back it up!!!

Old 05-31-2008, 11:02 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 2-1 performance is well worth it. I'm running V&H Pro-Pipes & love the sound. But can't help with your choice of the two. Either way, you'll be a happy camper.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:08 PM
darkdyna06
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check into the V&H pro pipe, they are selling for $359.00 on ebay right now, and run about as good as anything else. I'm looking at going with a fat cat as soon as I can afford it, but those are really pricey.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21800/6D7291087A5744458CE0D5DD7C89343D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,942 Likes on 4,027 Posts

Got a Bassani Roadrage on my 116 dyna, love the sound. Had a TH when it was a 95. Hated it.. Too loud, had a resonance that hurt my brains (what little there is). Bruce

Old 06-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Mr. Moto
Tourer

Check out the Bassani's DynaPro 2 into 1 for Dyna's. I went with the TH but these were my second choice.[/align]

Old 06-01-2008, 05:36 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You'll probably like the finish and quality of the Bassani better.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:48 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the Bassani for the fit and finish. The Thunder Headers get hot, for two into one pipe nothing beats the Fat Cat on performance. The sound of the Thunder Headers though is better.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Punty
Road Warrior

I dont know about the TH but I can tell you about the Bassani. The performance and sound are great! Never mind its the Better looking pipe of the 2. Just be prepared for the amount of heat that rear pipe puts out. I fabbed up a set of heat sheilds and I plan on wrapping them to see if I can cut it down a little.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: About to pull trigger on Thunderheader or Bassani 2-1- Someone push me over!