Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cycleshack slip-ons?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008 | 12:57 PM
szdzmtr1
|
Novice
Default cycleshack slip-ons?

does anyone have cycleshack slip-ons and if so do you like them or would you recomend them to anyone?

Old 05-31-2008 | 01:37 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Default RE: cycleshack slip-ons?

I had cycleshack balony cut before my 2-1 and really liked them. For the price you can't beat them, good quality and good resale, I paid $135.00 and sold them 8 mos later for $97.00!

A bit loud for some, for me..just right!

Old 05-31-2008 | 01:53 PM
szdzmtr1
|
Novice

you wouldnt happen to have any pics do you? I also have a 07 fxd. Im dying to hear these things the stock exhaust just doesnt cut it at all. did you need to do anything to the bike when you went to the slip-ons?

Old 05-31-2008 | 02:08 PM
labfreak
Road Master

ORIGINAL: szdzmtr1

you wouldnt happen to have any pics do you? I also have a 07 fxd. Im dying to hear these things the stock exhaust just doesnt cut it at all. did you need to do anything to the bike when you went to the slip-ons?
I might have an old pic, but you DO NOT need anything, no SERT tuner, remap, nothing if all you are doing is changing mufflers/slip-ons I rode 8000 miles on my bike with just slip ons and no problem, if you change intake wth a hi flo ACyou will want some kind of fuel mgmt.

Here is a pic with my cycleshacks still on:

Old 05-31-2008 | 05:06 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member

I've had them on a couple bikes and liked and would recommend them. Good bang for the buck!

Old 05-31-2008 | 07:12 PM
szdzmtr1
|
Novice

Thanks alot labfreak, georgous bike. I appreciate it guys. Cant wait to get these on the bike so maybe i can hear it when Im cruisin down the road.

Old 05-31-2008 | 07:31 PM
TheGuyWhoPosted
Tourer

Used to have a set. They were the turn-out P# MTO129. Sounded great and the full turn out to the side exhaust looked great IMO. Also great was the fact that the noise was pointed directly at whoever I was passing. Went to Big Radius just because, but the cycle shacks were a good inexpensive option when my bike was new.

Have to say that the chrome on one of those slips wasn't top quality. It looked fine when I got them but one of them got heat stained and you could see the outline of the baffle burned into the outside of the pipe. Could have been that that particular cylinder was running hot, IDK.

Old 05-31-2008 | 09:58 PM
ta2ed
Advanced

I just put on cycle shack turn out slip ons. I love em, they put the stockers to shame. Now it sounds like the harley that it should. I got mine at jireh http://www.jirehcycles.com/104 bucks shipped. If you want theslash cutsjust make sure you get cycle shacks part # for em before you call. I just used dennis kirks website to get the manufaturers part #. Jireh has thier own part #'s for em.Jirehs online catalog isnt the best. But they will cross reference the manufaturers part number for ya. They are really good to deal with.

Old 05-31-2008 | 10:02 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

Have them, like them, would say get them.

Old 06-01-2008 | 10:41 AM
Don51
Road Captain

I have the tapered ones from Cycle Shack. I wanted to keep the stock look, not the stock sound!! They sound great!!! I paid $160 for mine, but you can get them cheaper.

Quick Reply: cycleshack slip-ons?