Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Dyna SB duel Brembo done!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008 | 11:08 AM
Jay Risk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 06 Dyna SB duel Brembo done!

Howard, about those commitments on Saturday-&nbsp\\; on the one hand, showing up at the church to get married. on the other hand, pick up the Harley at the dealership.&nbsp\\; Hmm.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I'm looking forward to taking my bride on a Honeymoon on the bike- thanks for all your extra efforts to make that possible. Jay

Old 06-24-2008 | 09:57 PM
Jay Risk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 06 Dyna SB duel Brembo done!

Well, it's finally time to report in about the project Howard has been doing on my '06 Streetbob.&nbsp\\; As he said, I wanted to do a serious upgrade on the brakes.&nbsp\\; I had had a near death experience with my fiance on the back of the bike last summer, and I was determined to put more brake power on my bike.&nbsp\\; I did the research. Listened, watched what others had done- lots of different approaches- 6 piston, single brakes\\; fatbob lowers for duals\\; v-rod lowers bolted on with problems with 1-2" shorter length of front end resulting in changed rake/trail\\; etc.&nbsp\\; I wanted a build out that would avoid the problems and compromises others discovered in their projects.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Howard has reported in this thread what he did- most of what he did, some of it his magic coming from decades of building upgraded suspensions for Harleys. He did a great job researching and building out a phenomenal upgrade for me. I wanted to use Brembo brakes, and what I have now is an '06 Bob with '08 Brembos that fit like a glove.&nbsp\\;Rotors and calipers match up perfectly. All&nbsp\\;caliper surface area is used in stopping. &nbsp\\;Stopping power is INCREDIBLY improved.&nbsp\\; With my wife and camping gear on the bike I come close to max. gross weight for the Dyna, but stopping is no problem now!!!&nbsp\\; I can pull it down with&nbsp\\;2 fingers with NO FADE from 70 mph.&nbsp\\; Those calipers just keep gripping, dual rotors dissipate the heat much more efficiently, and stopping distance is shortened by about 20%.&nbsp\\; No kidding. I haven't gotten a measuring tape out, but the difference is that noticable. When I get back from this long trip I'll be doing a lot of solo riding and can put&nbsp\\;the bike through the twisties to further test the brakes, but I'm very impressed with the &nbsp\\;added performance of this upgrade to dual front brakes on my StreetBob.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Many thanks to Howard for a superior job.&nbsp\\; He did a great job&nbsp\\;fabricating the inner parts for v-rod lowers and researching the project to put dual Brembos and 300 mm. rotors on my bike.&nbsp\\; When I get back from our honeymoon I'll post some pics of the bike. That's all for now.&nbsp\\; Jay