Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H fuel pack questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006 | 08:13 AM
intruder400ex
|
Road Captain
Default V&H fuel pack questions

I ordered the V&H fuel pack for $219 through parts direct (best price I could find) Just a few questions such as I have the stage 1 download and will it affect it? Also how long did the install take others it seems straight forward. Did you notice a good change and was it user friendly?

Thanks Steve

Old 02-28-2006 | 10:50 AM
JamieWG
Road Master
Default RE: V&H fuel pack questions

The problem with that unit is that no one seem to know what the different settings do. VH publishes recommended settings for their products, but what if you decide to install something they don't have settings for? ... There are units like the DFO that sell for similar pricing and work with just about any combination of products. Some folks are happy with the Fuelpak, but if it were my money, I'd think about sending it back and getting a DFO.

Old 02-28-2006 | 04:50 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: intruder400ex

I ordered the V&H fuel pack for $219 through parts direct (best price I could find) Just a few questions such as I have the stage 1 download and will it affect it? Also how long did the install take others it seems straight forward. Did you notice a good change and was it user friendly?

Thanks Steve
The settings take into account whether you have the stage 1 download done or not. You just have to read the chart and using your particular setup, just punch in the values.

I installed one on my '05 RKC and it only took about 30 minutes total. Setting the Fuelpak itself took about literally 1 minute. Piece of cake.

Fear not brother, I am no mechanic by any stretch of the imagination. If I can do it anyone can.

PM me with any questions.

Primo

Old 02-28-2006 | 11:47 PM
wayne3724
Intermediate

Steve,

I got the same deal you did, thought it was the way to go, V&H qualityetc... What a fricking pain in the *** to fit under the seat, I finally pulled the SOB off and put my scooter back together. Luckily patience prevailed and I didn't smash it to pieces with a ball peen! Hopefully some of the boys on this thread have are more patient and have a better idea for the install. The wiring harness seems a bit short and the space is limited to put it where they reccomend and get the box all back together. I'm getting wound up thinking about it, back to my silver bullets. Anyone put one of these Fuelpaks in an 06 BOB?

WS

Old 03-01-2006 | 03:46 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: wayne3724

Steve,

I got the same deal you did, thought it was the way to go, V&H qualityetc... What a fricking pain in the *** to fit under the seat, I finally pulled the SOB off and put my scooter back together. Luckily patience prevailed and I didn't smash it to pieces with a ball peen! Hopefully some of the boys on this thread have are more patient and have a better idea for the install. The wiring harness seems a bit short and the space is limited to put it where they reccomend and get the box all back together. I'm getting wound up thinking about it, back to my silver bullets. Anyone put one of these Fuelpaks in an 06 BOB?

WS
Heard the same problem with another Bob owner on this site. Seems like not enough room. Plenty on the baggers though. I'll try to find that thread and forward it to you. It does really work well if you can just get the damn thing to fit..

Primo

Old 03-01-2006 | 03:51 PM
Stucarius
Cruiser

I have not looked at it but the space problem seems to be a real issue. Has anyone tried lowering the battery mount to give more room? It might even allow a lower seat pan. Just a thought.

Old 03-07-2006 | 01:15 AM
Hughey79
Tourer

I had it. It was easy to install. However I could not get it to fit under the seat properly. I got it good enough that I wasn't hurting anything but it wasnt right.
As for the programing. I think it made my bike run too rich after install. I tried to call V&H and they never called back nor did they answer an email.
I sold it.
I am thinking of getting cams soon and getting the SERT.
I also couldnt find any other settings on the website like it has been stated. Maybe that part was my bad. Dunno.

Old 03-07-2006 | 08:17 PM
Humanoid
Cruiser

I have it. It was like fitting 10lbs of **** in a one pund bag. I cut a few cable ties that held existing wires to the frame and coaxed it in with alot of cursing. I do not think my bike is running perfect. It is a just little on the rich side but overall for the $220 price tag it did what I needed it to do. I am one of those who isnt interested in getting every bit of hp out of my ride. If I was I would have ponied up for the power commander and a dyno tune.

Hugh
05 FXDXI

Old 03-07-2006 | 10:30 PM
..but Ill try 2 try
Cruiser

I'm trying to decide on an aftermarket exhaust company, just like a few of the people here. And also trying to decide on a fuel remap provider too. I'm reaching the conclusion that Vance and Hines might make some cool looking pipes, but I am hearing to much trash about their customer service and the ease of use of the fuel pak. One thing I do when trying to decide who gets my money is too weigh and consider a lot of different opinions. Any one else think that V&H image might be a .... "PIPE" dream. Oh, now that's funny. That's what you call a "straight shot." All jokes aside I'm feeling that forking over the cash for a PCIII and the dealer dyno run might be worth it in the long run to avoid all this headache.

I will admit that workin on your vehicles yourself is rewarding and admirable. But I'm spending $14,477 and this thing is gonna run right.

Old 03-08-2006 | 08:07 AM
intruder400ex
|
Road Captain

Ive been using V&H for years over 4 sets of pipes and must say I have never had a problem with them what so ever. There products have been great quality never had a pipe blue on me or cover. Every kit always had all the necisary hardware for the install. The fuel pack is just a much simpler user friendly product compared to the others and are made for the rider who wants to perform lots of mods.

Steve

Quick Reply: V&H fuel pack questions