Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 01:01 PM
doug23
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob Saddlebags

Does anyone have any suggestions or picson saddlebags for the FXDF?

Old 05-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior
Default RE: Fat Bob Saddlebags

It's a pickle! Harley doesn't make quick detach ones for this model, and unless you p;ut a different tail light assembly on they just won't work.

There are photos in this forum of Boss Bags on the Fat Bob, and also of Harley bags on Easy Brackets. I've been looking for some feedback on U. S. Saddlebag bags on the Fat Bob because I think their bags are good looking and seem quite practical.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:15 PM
skiahh
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could have sworn when I was looking for some, the HD catalog had quick detach brackets available.

Yeah, look here:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Original: Harley Davidson website

Fits '02-later Dyna® models (except '02-'05 FXDWG). All Dyna® models (except FXDF and FXDWG) require separate purchase of Turn Signal Relocation Kit P/N 68732-02A or Layback License Plate Kit P/N 60215-06. Not compatible with Rear Axle Covers on FXDF and FXDWG models.
Looks to me like Fat Bobs can use these bags with no relocation required!

Old 05-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Bat
Cruiser

I could easily be wrong, but I think the bags are OK, but the detail for the detachable mounts, do not show an option for the Fat Bob (i.e. hit the link for the mounts).

I am going with the boss bags as the set-up the dealer recommended for detachable with their bags was to use the Bare Backs.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

That's what I discovered, the quick detach hardware does not bolt up to the Fat Bob.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:33 PM
NEFXDXT
Cruiser

I have a set of HD bags on mine with quick detach hardware for the sissy bar. They were a snap to install, stock bolts out.... New bolts in with the bags.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

Cool, they're nice. Synthetic leather, rigid mount. I guess the round red reflector comes off easy!

Old 05-25-2008, 05:59 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey NEFXDXT I got the same bags,just no pics of the bike with them on but Mine looks the same only vivid black. There great and i almost always need them anyway!

Old 05-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Bat
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: NEFXDXT

I have a set of HD bags on mine with quick detach hardware for the sissy bar. They were a snap to install, stock bolts out.... New bolts in with the bags.

Well holy crap batman; My bike is at the dealer as we speak and their parts guy (the good one) is the one who said it wouldn't work and was going for the bareback option (I mentioned the Boss bags instead after seeing the gap the barebacks created). I requested the HD quick detach bags and I was already getting the quick detach backrest and luggage rack; wonder why he didn't know the bags would have worked. Possibly never tried, just believed the literature. I will let him know, thanks

Old 05-26-2008, 08:51 AM
NEFXDXT
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Robert Le Gras

Cool, they're nice. Synthetic leather, rigid mount. I guess the round red reflector comes off easy!
Actually, they come without it attached. Depending on your local laws if you have the dealer install your bags they have to drill the hole and attach them. Belive me, if you have hand tools you can install these yourself.

ORIGINAL: maddghost

Hey NEFXDXT I got the same bags,just no pics of the bike with them on but Mine looks the same only vivid black. There great and i almost always need them anyway!
Amen to that, I ALWAYS have something in them. I had planned on taking them off when the weather got warmer and I didn't need my leathers, there is no way I would own a bike without them now!!

ORIGINAL: Bat

Well holy crap batman; My bike is at the dealer as we speak and their parts guy (the good one) is the one who said it wouldn't work and was going for the bareback option (I mentioned the Boss bags instead after seeing the gap the barebacks created). I requested the HD quick detach bags and I was already getting the quick detach backrest and luggage rack; wonder why he didn't know the bags would have worked. Possibly never tried, just believed the literature. I will let him know, thanks
Let me be clear, these are RIDGID mount bags with a quick detach sissy bar. But like I said, if you are really worried about how it looks with them on I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal to take em off and back on sometimes. A friend of mine got some HD bags for his 2001ish Wide glide and those things were a complete PITA to install and took a couple of hours.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Saddlebags