Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:57 AM
motorcycle mikey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Brackets

Hey Guys,
Iwant to add some kind of quick connect saddle bagsto myDyna Fat Bob. I am looking at Harley-Davidson bags mounted with Easy Brackets. Has anyone used the Easy Brackets and are you happy with them? Do they work as advertised? Do your bags look OK ordo they stick too far out from the fender?
Thanks,
Mike

Old 05-20-2008, 03:23 PM
ShoreRider
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Easy Brackets

I've got Easy Brackets that I use with River Road throover bags I modified by cutting off the throw over flap after purchase. I couldn't be happier with them. The bags are slant cut to fit my SuperGlide Custom and are 22" X 12" X 7". I can easily get 4-5 days worth of clothes in them. And the best thing...they come the hell off once I get where I'm going.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:05 PM
jasononaharley
Cruiser

I use Ghost Brackets (same stuff, diff. company) with HD Bags. Here is a rear view... they stick out, but that's unimportant, because the bags come off in seconds (literally).

I do find that when I put them on, I usually leave them on because the bags are of great use.

[IMG]local://upfiles/54917/8F5FBF64F9C24DDD8A0F73A30BD80F29.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-20-2008, 04:19 PM
gsreimers
Tourer
Received 188 Likes on 85 Posts

If the bags you are looking at are from Harley and they have hard backs, you really should look at barebacks from Cylcevision. I put them on my 05 Wide Glide and think they are awesome. I have heard of problems with Ghost and Easy with both fit and rattling. The bare backswon't work with soft back bags or throw overs but with the bags I got from Harley, they work great.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:10 PM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

if you have QR back rest/luggage rack you will need longer bolts for the EZ brackets.they are supposed to have 2 different kits but i had to call them and get the right bolts.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:20 PM
subculture08
Tourer

ORIGINAL: gsreimers

If the bags you are looking at are from Harley and they have hard backs, you really should look at barebacks from Cylcevision. I put them on my 05 Wide Glide and think they are awesome. I have heard of problems with Ghost and Easy with both fit and rattling. The bare backs won't work with soft back bags or throw overs but with the bags I got from Harley, they work great.

+1

Pics here >> http://www.HDForums.com/m_2926454/tm.htm

Old 05-20-2008, 08:32 PM
bobberben
6th Gear

I used ghostbrackets as well on my '08 StreetBob and they are fantastic. As stated above, literally on and off in seconds. Had a minor issue with the bolts they sent being too big for the rear - needed to relocate the turnsignals, and the bolts they delivered were 3/8" whenthe rear where the signalswere called for 5/16", and it was a bit of a hassle tracking the right ones down (mainly because I was impatient and wanted them on that day and local hardware stores didn't carry the right size). Now I just have a small hole where the turn signals were so need to figure out how to cover it up (anyone have suggestions?). Other than that, they look and work great.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:10 PM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: bobberben

I used ghostbrackets as well on my '08 StreetBob and they are fantastic. As stated above, literally on and off in seconds. Had a minor issue with the bolts they sent being too big for the rear - needed to relocate the turnsignals, and the bolts they delivered were 3/8" whenthe rear where the signalswere called for 5/16", and it was a bit of a hassle tracking the right ones down (mainly because I was impatient and wanted them on that day and local hardware stores didn't carry the right size). Now I just have a small hole where the turn signals were so need to figure out how to cover it up (anyone have suggestions?). Other than that, they look and work great.
i found some black plastic plugs that fit right in those holes at the hardware store,but i have black strut covers. i think HD sells some KROME ones. here is one that came with a turn sig relocate kit i bought. i could only find 1 or I'd mail them to ya.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:34 AM
jasononaharley
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bobberben

I used ghostbrackets as well on my '08 StreetBob and they are fantastic. As stated above, literally on and off in seconds. Had a minor issue with the bolts they sent being too big for the rear - needed to relocate the turnsignals, and the bolts they delivered were 3/8" when the rear where the signals were called for 5/16", and it was a bit of a hassle tracking the right ones down (mainly because I was impatient and wanted them on that day and local hardware stores didn't carry the right size). Now I just have a small hole where the turn signals were so need to figure out how to cover it up (anyone have suggestions?). Other than that, they look and work great.
I had the same exact problem and the people at Ghost Brackets could not grasp what I was telling them. The solution was to get the HD Quick Detach hardware kit. It comes with the oval washer to cover that hole properly and a fender bracket that you replace with your old one so that the bolts Ghost Bracket supplied would work.

And to be fair to the guys at Ghost Bracket, they did send me the "carry strap" for free as a way to say "sorry for the aggravation." (which BTW I had to cut down the bolts in order for the straps to fit into the actual brackets).

Also, my friend is using the barebones setup (with detachable backrest) on his Softail Classic and the bags jet out a little more than mine... but makes no diff, because the bike is still hot and they serve their purpose as well.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:48 PM
motorcycle mikey
Cruiser

Thanks for all of the feedback. I decided to go with the Easy Brackets and ordered them today. I will post my satisfaction in a couple of weeks.
Mike

Quick Reply: Easy Brackets