Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob wheel on Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:47 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Fat Bob wheel on Wide Glide

Can anyone provide info on adapting a Fat Bob wheel on a Wide Glide? What's involved in this swap, if even possible?

Old 05-20-2008, 07:09 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Fat Bob wheel on Wide Glide

Sacrilege!...Heresy!...Blasphemy! Start heating the tar, I'll start collecting feathers. Sorry, iclick...gut reaction and a wee bit of kidding. Yesterday,I rolled my Vulcan out of the garage and fired it up for the first time since getting my DWG in february. I was noticing how most every other Vulcan looked just about like mine, except for maybe the color. By contrast, it's tough to find a like-model of your Dyna that still looks like anyone else's, or a stock one. That has been a pleasant surprise for me since joining the HD club...everyone's bike can (and should) be a monument to each person's taste andindividuality. More power to ya, bro. And good luck with the change-over.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:25 AM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheel, tire,spacers,fender.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:10 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: extech

Wheel, tire,spacers,fender.
Axle and forks okay?

Old 05-20-2008, 10:13 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: pkellymc

Sacrilege!...Heresy!...Blasphemy! Start heating the tar, I'll start collecting feathers. Sorry, iclick...gut reaction and a wee bit of kidding. Yesterday,I rolled my Vulcan out of the garage and fired it up for the first time since getting my DWG in february. I was noticing how most every other Vulcan looked just about like mine, except for maybe the color. By contrast, it's tough to find a like-model of your Dyna that still looks like anyone else's, or a stock one. That has been a pleasant surprise for me since joining the HD club...everyone's bike can (and should) be a monument to each person's taste andindividuality. More power to ya, bro. And good luck with the change-over.
It's not my bike, but a friend's. He's doing more touring, can't buy a touring bike at this time, and worries about the traction of the small tire in inclement weather. He would prefer a wider, larger 21" tire that would fit his alloy rim rather than going the Fat Bob route, but is considering all options. Any ideas would be appreciated.