Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fatbob headlight quiz

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:19 PM
fatboboz
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fatbob headlight quiz

I'm in Australia and our FB's have only one light working on low beam and then only one on high. Not two on at once like you lucky SOB's in the states.
I want to remedy this crap setup by buying a US reflector and globes to fit into my housing.
Thing is the guys at Zanotti's cant tell what part is the right one on the parts manual. There just so many options and they dont have access to a bike to check it out.
Does anyoneknow the type of globe used for the dual FB headlight?
H4 halogen or H13 HID ? Any part numbers ?

A part number would be great but I understand no-one wants to strip a bike down to read part numbers for a guy in Oz, but if you know of the parts numbers for relfector and bulbs and type of bulbs I would appreciate the help a lot.

Thanks
Ed

Old 05-19-2008, 07:30 PM
cou9ar
Road Master
Default RE: fatbob headlight quiz

Well according to the parts book.................it is: REFLECTOR ASSEMBLY, dual headlamp, (chrome) 69800-08

Old 05-19-2008, 07:47 PM
db252
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, lets see. Take a look to your hearts content if it helps. If you need more, let us know.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:46 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I want one of those setups for my Wide Glide, what size (diameter) are the 2lamps?

Old 05-19-2008, 09:00 PM
03gringo
Intermediate

RSA,

I can measure the Fat Bob headlight I installed on my Wide Glide for you. The dual headlight setup fit perfectly on my '07 model. I use the quick detach windshield for the Fat Bob on my WG too.

Kenny

Old 05-19-2008, 10:35 PM
fatboboz
Novice

db252,

thanks mate. parts list looks good.
I will roll the dice and go for reflector 69800-08 and bulbs 69838-08 x2.
This LOOKS like it should do what I want.
Now, I just need to know what bulb base they are so I can get the right connector for my harness.

Thnaks again bud.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:01 AM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi,
We have the same issues over here in the Uk and I wanna do a similar fix. You dont think that the wiring differs no ?
Cheers
Roy

Old 05-20-2008, 04:33 AM
fatboboz
Novice

Hi ya royston,
yep, the wiring will difer. The globs used in UK and Oz are sigle filament globs similar to spotlights.
The wiring harness connectors will not fit. Like me, you will have to cut the original connectors off, and then fit new globe connectors.
No big deal tho. Simple to do.
We all just need to ensure the right parts are ordered as its too far away to risk a stuff up on part numbers.

By the way royston, you have another way to fix the fb headlight issue in the UK. A bike parts supplier in the UK has twin headlights that fit the FB ith no probspiece of pizz for 60 quid.

heres the link.
http://www.bustersclassic.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=THL

For 60 pound you get two new chrome ligts and globes and they fit right up to your fb. They take STD H4 globes so you could use 55/100 watt halogen globes to get a huge amount of light out the front.
If you live nearby, I know what I'd be doing instead of buying parts OS.!

Old 05-20-2008, 06:57 AM
wiggy
Intermediate

Those lights from busters are actually supplied as two seperate individually wired units. I know cos thats what they sent to me.

easy enough to knock up a new harness though and they fit right on to the original bottom mount.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The streetfighter lads use use brackets like these to fit a pair of bottom mounted Bates style headlamps to the forks:

You can buy them in different sizes. When fitted to a bike they look like this:

http://www.banditmania.co.uk/Lights%...LIGHT_CONV.JPG

I'm thinking of getting a pair to replace the crap fitted to my Fat Bob. I took mine out for the first time in the dark a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me of the old 6v VW Beetle I had back in the 70s. You might as well stick a candle on the front mudguard.

My neighbour has a 50cc scooter that has twin headlights. He was taking the **** last week because both of his actually work. It's humiliating.

Quick Reply: fatbob headlight quiz