Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Indicator Lights on a Superglide?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:00 AM
cfdcaptain99
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob Indicator Lights on a Superglide?

Does anybody know if the Street Bob indicator lights and bezel are the same as what's used on the SuperGlide with the handlebar mounted speedo setup? I want to put drag bars on my SuperGlide and plan to put the indicators in the tank console similar to how the Street Bobs have them. I bought another tank console from eBay just in case I mess it up. I saw a Bob at the dealership and the indicators look slightly different, but the light bar may be the same and the bezel is maybe different?
Any insight on this project is greatly appreciated!

Old 05-19-2008, 09:19 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Street Bob Indicator Lights

According to the 06 parts manual, each of the components is a different part number between the two models.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:58 AM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain

I'm trying to do the same thing on my 08 superglide (Drag bars w/warning lights in between gas cap and fuel gauge). The Bob light bezel is much shorter and more compact compared to the SG's and would fit perfectly in there w/no clearance issues. The problem is that when I got the warning lights out of the speedo and apart there are no individual lights to plug into the new Bob bezel. Turns out the SG's lights are imbedded in a cicuit board and can not be removed.[:@]

Not sure what year bike you have but I think the older SG's have individual lights that can snap in and out of the bezel and could be put into the new Bob bezel. No such luck for the 08's though. I'm working on a solution that uses my original warning lights but it has to cut and trimmed in a few places to fit.

I just went through this last night, I should have took some pics.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:05 AM
cfdcaptain99
Cruiser

My SG is an 05 and does have the individual lights. I saw a thread a while back from hounddog and he made a nice aluminum bezel and used his original SG indicator light bar. I can do that with my existing light bar, but I really like the look of the Bob's setup. It has a nice oval bezel that really looks "finished".
I called the dealer about ordering the setup from a Bob, and they thought I was crazy.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:13 PM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain

Yeah the Bobs bezel is nice and compact and you should have no problem switching your lights into the new bar/bezel. Yo will have to shave off the bottom of the bar though to get it to fit.

You need 2 parts, the Bob bezel which hasis black oval, and the light bar that the lights go into and the top part snaps into. You can order the parts through Zanottis for about $10 total. I could give you mine but they are a little hacked up from another speedo/bar setup that I was experimenting with. If you need the part numbers I can get them for you later on tonight after work.

I'm so pissed that they changed the individual lights and incorporated them into a whole cicuit board because this would be a very nice clean setup. Drill out the oval in the tank console and just snap in the new bezel and bar.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:57 PM
cfdcaptain99
Cruiser

Yeah, If you've got the part #'s that would be great! So I need the light holder bar, the bezel, and probably a lens right?

Old 05-19-2008, 03:09 PM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain

These were the 2 parts I ordered. The bezel is the black oval part and has the lens in it with all the idicator light icons and the indicator lamp housing holds the lights. The bezel has 4 little tabs that click and lock into the lamp housing. Not sure what the difference is between the 05 and 08 with whats under the console. You might have more room than me with the EFI. I would have to shave down the bottom of the lamp housing to get it fit with the fuel pump wiring under there but the width is fine. The parts were cheap so I figured I'd try to rig up something and if it didn't work no big deal. Hope this helps.

68792-96 indicator lamp housing
68382-96warning light bezel

Old 05-19-2008, 05:32 PM
cfdcaptain99
Cruiser

Thanks Jerseydevil!

Anyone else got any input?

Old 05-20-2008, 01:02 PM
cfdcaptain99
Cruiser

I was at the dealer today with JerseyDevil's part #'s. Each piece is $7.00 through Harley. I measured the width of the bezel and it's about 5/8". There should be plenty of room between the fuel cap and the fuel gauge on my FXD console to get it in there!

Old 05-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Smiley51
Road Captain

What are you guys doing with your speedo?

Quick Reply: Street Bob Indicator Lights on a Superglide?