Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Solo...ouch

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Mustang Solo...ouch

I picked up a Mustang Solo (13.5 in wide) last week. I put about a 6 hour ride on her and I was some kind of sore by the end of the ride. I continued to be sore the next day...mostly due to muscle aches from the slightly different seating position. Has anyone had this experience on a Mustang? I need to return it to the dealer by Saturday, but the seat appeals in a couple of ways. The price first of all (although, I am not so cheap I would forgo comfort), secondly it kept me comfortable for much longer than the stock seat, does this seat get any more comfortable with age? I have heard that Mustang doesn't require break in, but is that really true? The problem seems to occur first under my left leg where the seat stops on the sides. It's right on the underside of my thigh. I might try the Corbin, but that hits me in my back pocket and I would want it to be far more comfortable to justify the cost. I think the Corbin is only 12.5 inches wide which is another concern. I also want to mention, I am not interested in the 16 inch wide solo that Mustang offers.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:57 AM
WillieC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mustang Solo...ouch

I had a Mustang on my last Harley and it was great.
It does take a while for breakin on them but they are about the
most comfortable I have used. I had a Corbin and it was very hard
and took months to break in.

Willie

Old 02-24-2006, 02:29 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah...I'll second that....I had a Mustang on my Yamaha, and it was the most comfortable seat I've ever sat on. I don't really remember if I had to break it in...I guess just because it was so much more comfortable than stock, I didn't even think about it. I think you'll be hard pressed to find something better. Just my opinion.
Good luck man.

Todd

Old 02-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will keep it then, I wanted to hear exactly what you both said.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:46 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Judging from your post, I get the impression that you have the opportunity to try the seats before you buy them. If that is the case, then by all means try the Corbin.

I had a Mustang for a while and then went to Corbin. I would never go back. I found that the Corbin looks a lot better, it is more comfortable, for my butt anyway, and it will definately outlast the Mustang if it is properly taken care of.

The Mustang has a vinyl seat panel while the Corbin has leather. With a little leather treatment once in a while, the leather will last much longer. The leather also breaths much better eliminating hot spots.

Just a suggestion if you have the chance to try before you buy.

Regards,

Bill

Old 02-24-2006, 01:02 PM
DynaLow05
4th Gear

I've got a Mustang Vintage Wide Solo with removable backrest on my '05 Lowrider. Fit and finish is great and comfort is outstanding. I think it was money well spent. Going from a stock seat to the Mustang took a little getting used to. But I'm a happy camper and so is my butt.[sm=biker.gif]

Old 02-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Gummiente
Advanced

I had a Mustang solo on my '04 FLHT and loved it; the quality and comfort were great. I've only put 2,000km on my '06 FXDI and so far have found the stock solo seat to be acceptable, but if I ever get tired of it there'll be another Mustang solo to take its place.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:06 AM
intruder400ex
Road Captain

I had a mustang seat on my last bike and put the stock seat back on it. Wasent even able to return it since I had installed it so I had to eat it but I'm pretty happy with the stock seat on my bike now!

Steve

Old 02-25-2006, 01:27 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member

Thanks for all the feedback once again. Safe money says keep the mustang. The corbin would have to be SUBSTANTIALLY better to argue the price and unfortunately I am not willing to have $600 floating around to try two seats at a time. I sincerely appreciate everyones comment.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:48 PM
kman42oo
Advanced

i've had both mustang and corbin. and ended up with corbin on tghe past few bikes and would'nt trade for anything else.. just my opinon...

Quick Reply: Mustang Solo...ouch