Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008 | 06:22 AM
pappy43
Tourer
Default RE: Is it just me?

ORIGINAL: rbabos

What's the rush? I think you will enjoy the ride more if you slow down some. Just plain safer too.
Ron
+ 1.....The speed I'm traveling has nothing to do with why I ride a motorcycle !

Old 05-14-2008 | 07:59 AM
Morloka
Cruiser

anyone riding a "rat" or "bob" should be wearing big goggles, the rule is , he who looks the stupidest wins!

Old 05-14-2008 | 08:30 AM
Cornbread
Advanced

Speed on the bike is not about getting somewhere, or rushing around. If I am in a hurry the last thing I do is get on the bike. When I ride, I am not going anywhere, anyway. I am just riding. What I am talking about is the way the bike feels. In 6th below80 the bike feels like it is in mud. Unless I am on a long stretch of open road I don't even make it to 6th. "It's not me officer, it's the bike, honest!" And as for safety. It is a motorcycle. These things aren't safe, I don't care whatthe salesmentell you. Dude,it is an over grown skateboard that you ride in traffic with people harnessed in padded cages next to you who can't see or hear you and 9 times out of 10 are not paying attention to whats going on outside thier car because they are distracted by something else. The next time you ride look down at the asphalt that is six inches below your feet. Look at how fast it is going by and tell me you are safe.

Old 05-14-2008 | 08:52 AM
shawn e.
Road Master

I like to criuse 50 to60 miles per hour here on the back roads. But on the interstate whole different deal. If you dilly dally on the freeway your gonna get ate up! Speed limit is 65 State Police wont mess with you under 72. I try to maintain 70 most ofthe time. And except for passing trucks I spend most the time in the slow lane. If you cruise slower than the truck traffic you are in for a hairy ride!

Shawn

Old 05-14-2008 | 12:07 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

Now (maybe my old age), I like to just kick back and enjoy the experience.

Nothing enjoyable about going slow to me, it's like a tedious chore. If I have to go slow due to traffic, weather, work, whatever I'd rather be in a cage listening to the radio.I also don't see the need for a windshield unless your touring, as in traveling several hours at a time.And all you guys with your glasses behind goggles behind a windshield, have you ever tried a full face helmet? But to each his own, if it makes you happy to put doors and roll up windows on your bike go for it.And if you enjoy crawlin down the freeway below the speed limit that's fine too just get out of my way.

Old 05-14-2008 | 12:16 PM
CSA
Road Master

For me it depends a lot on the situation. I usally cruise 70 to 80 Mph's. I like the way the bike runs and sounds at that speed. I live in a State where wind and weather is a factor. Riding into a head wind or getting it from the side I tone it down. If you are doing 75 into a 20 mph head wind it's like doing 95! That can get tiresome. If no wind on a sunny day 75 - 80 feels just right!

Old 05-14-2008 | 12:26 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

And just whose rule is that, smarty pants?

Oh, I see now, another sporty rider. No wonder you ride in the slow lane - LOL! j/k

ORIGINAL: Morloka

anyone riding a "rat" or "bob" should be wearing big goggles, the rule is , he who looks the stupidest wins!

Old 05-14-2008 | 01:14 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

Hey Chipstah do you have any more pictures of the bike in your avitar? I'm especially interested in the rear fender.

Old 05-14-2008 | 01:21 PM
funbikerchick
Tourer

I generally go 80 on the highway. On back roads,I keep it to ten over.

I would go faster, but I can't afford the ticket and the resulting insurance increase.

Old 05-14-2008 | 04:35 PM
cornishman
Road Master

My opinion on speed is what you feel comfortable with. Theres nothing more exillerating than flicking through bends at 60-90mph,butin towns amongst the cars, pedestrians etc. i run pretty much at sometimes below the limit, its a different set of circumstances.
The older we get the faster we was..........most of the time. lol

Quick Reply: Is it just me?