Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008 | 10:10 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Default RE: Is it just me?

ORIGINAL: rbabos

What's the rush? I think you will enjoy the ride more if you slow down some. Just plain safer too.
Ron
I have to agree, 120 mph was eatingup too much gas, 100 mph is more fuel efficient and safer to boot.

I did almost lose my life at 25 mph, though.[:@]

DougJ

Old 05-13-2008 | 10:10 PM
maddghost
|
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Cornbread

Goggles negates the need for a windshield. Besides, keepin yourself in the saddle at these speeds makes your tummy pretty.

ORIGINAL: maddghost

Yes I have a dettchable HD windshield,absolutely could not ride that fast without for more than a mile!
Ya fine but the pic on your avatar has a windshield there! i wear HD day /night glasses , but maybe I should try goggs ,who knows I may like it!

Old 05-13-2008 | 10:13 PM
Cornbread
Advanced

ORIGINAL: BluBob

Cornbread,
What's a good source for goggles? I have tried the Bobsters, but they just don't fit my face.
Good luck bro, I have stuggled myself for a good pair. Right now I just have some inexpensive ones that fit close to my eyes rather than covering my face. I don't have anything that really gives me good protection in the rain. I got one pair that bubbles on the inside when it is raining. All I need is a full orchestra and I would be on the Larence Welk Show.

Old 05-13-2008 | 10:21 PM
Cornbread
Advanced

Okay you got me-- I was using windshield last year on a trip I took to South Dakota. I took it off a few months ago and I am liking it without a whole lot better. Here is a pic of the bike after my new pipes and w/o the windshield.

Goggles negates the need for a windshield. Besides, keepin yourself in the saddle at these speeds makes your tummy pretty.

Yes I have a dettchable HD windshield,absolutely could not ride that fast without for more than a mile!
Ya fine but the pic on your avatar has a windshield there! i wear HD day /night glasses , but maybe I should try goggs ,who knows I may like it!
[IMG]local://upfiles/21973/1DD646BCEA8C499F97CEF1F8A2D1ABF4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-13-2008 | 10:21 PM
jbphoto
Road Warrior

I find the needle climbing a bit higher than what smokey likes from time to time and I like it. Haven't hit the three digit mark on this bike yet and probably won't. The reality of it is that my job security is dependant on me not getting any moving violations whether I'm in my company van, my jeep or the bike. 3 times and I'm out of a job. Sooooo.... I try to be a good scout and follow the speed limit. Fortunately, I live in a rural state so I don't have to contend with a lot of traffic. Just our share of Appalachian-Americans. (Hillbillies for those of you in Rio Linda)

Old 05-13-2008 | 10:30 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BluBob

Cornbread,
What's a good source for goggles? I have tried the Bobsters, but they just don't fit my face.
Good luck bro, I have stuggled myself for a good pair. Right now I just have some inexpensive ones that fit close to my eyes rather than covering my face. I don't have anything that really gives me good protection in the rain. I got one pair that bubbles on the inside when it is raining. All I need is a full orchestra and I would be on the Larence Welk Show.
I wear prescription classes that don't work well for riding, and don't like the big goggles that fit over them.

I bought the HD Profile Goggles at the dealer and ordered prescription lenses for them. They are transition lenses so they change from clear to dark as needed.

They also have a snap-in frame that is foam lined so they seal around the eyes.

Works great for me.

Old 05-13-2008 | 10:33 PM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member

I don't have a Dyna and I sold my FXR but I still feel the need for speed even though I ride bagger.

Old 05-13-2008 | 10:35 PM
Cornbread
Advanced

Cool pic. I like it.

ORIGINAL: Y2K

I don't have a Dyna and I sold my FXR but I still feel the need for speed even though I ride bagger.

Old 05-13-2008 | 10:59 PM
huaust3
Intermediate

The whole deal speed wise for me is the situation. Nobody around, nice road, I knock it up to whatever speed fits what I am wearing. If a half-helmet and no windshield, that's about 55. Add the windshield and I'm good for 75. 80 if all is good.

3/4 helmet with face shield and windshield I might get up to 80, or 90 just for fun if traffic on open road permits, for a short go.

Around town with half helmet, no windshield, I might goose it when the mood hits me, but always being cognizant of nearby traffic.

Not a need to ride fast, but like to when it is safe, fun, and expected.

Old 05-14-2008 | 12:01 AM
wjcbsr
Tourer

Are you sure you're riding a Harley? I used to ride fast before I had the Harley. Now (maybe my old age), I like to just kick back and enjoy the experience.

The fact of the matter is that most Harleys don't really go that fast anyway

I know what you mean though. Everyone seems to be in a hurry to get somewhere. I don't really know why.

Bill

Quick Reply: Is it just me?