Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob FXDF w/Solo Seat and Reflector Remix!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:50 AM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fat Bob FXDF w/Solo Seat and Reflector Remix!

ORIGINAL: Fatbob Pharoe

Silent Warrior: Beautiful bike! I just got my 2008 Pewtar Denim FXDF and wanted to upgrade the sound. Was wondering if you had to do a remap for those 2.0" rush slip ons? Knowing that u've upgraded to PCIII and a high flow filter, it seems like a dumb question but all im looking for is a nice rumble and not really interested in a power surge.
Do u have aweb addressfor those slip ons that i can check out for pricing? All i keep finding are the slash down mufflers, but i kind of like the tips on your pipes better. Cheers
www.fuelmotousa.com is where I got the rush pipes 2.0 ( they are louder than stock but not as loud as my drag pipes were) . Fuelmoto maped my PCIIIfor my setup. Highflow filter, Pipes. Seems to be dead on. If your looking for louder pipes try the 2.25 slipons. For really loud pipes check out my video on my previous setup with the Vance and Hines Short Shots Staggered.

MNrider: as far as the seating position goes I think Iam just a tad back , not much at all. Its a high quality seat and surprising comfortable.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SilentWarrior, I just noticed that we have the same pipes! You have good taste! How is the PCIII working on your bike with the pipes? I'm looking at either that, a Fuel Pack or SERT. Haven't decided which yet or if it's really needed. Right now I have the Stage I download and SE breather.

ORIGINAL: SilentWarrior

Me too !

[IMG]local://upfiles/54240/E0AC111D89F349F0846C84BF84A57AF1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-13-2008, 09:15 AM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Scooter Wench

SilentWarrior, I just noticed that we have the same pipes! You have good taste! How is the PCIII working on your bike with the pipes? I'm looking at either that, a Fuel Pack or SERT. Haven't decided which yet or if it's really needed. Right now I have the Stage I download and SE breather.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know your setup was kind of an inspiration for mine. I sat on a few leperas , didnt like emand decided to try the mustang seat and bib combo. Really like it. Iam getting used to the Rush 2.0 but have requested a price on the 2.25 baffles from fuelmoto not as loud as my Short Shots were. They did the map for the "big three" stage 1 that I have. I had a fuelpak. The maps for this are not on the V&H site , I did have them send me the map settings so if you go with V&H fuelpak ,PM me for the settings. The fuelpak is the least expensive and the easiest to program. It went on my wifes bike. I decided on the PCIII and like it so far. If you do the High Flow filter (Vance and Hines recomends this and only maps forthem) , you should do a fuel controller. The last hing you need is to damge your engine because its running lean.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

Yeah I've noticed some popping when I'm downshifting and from what I understand that means it's running too lean. That's probably the next engine mod I'll make, just have to decide which one. Thanks for the feedback and my apologies for hijacking the thread![sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 05-14-2008, 06:22 PM
jwlehman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stagolee:

Which year was the ride that the solo seat came off of? I REALLY like the look of it! Was thinking of getting a used one off E-Bay.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:51 PM
stagolee
Road Master

Originally Posted by SilentWarrior
Both the seat and fender bib are Mustang's put a 100+ miles on it in the last 2 days very comfortable.

Here is the links and part numbers.

http://www.mustangseats.com/dyna/dyna.shtml

Tripper Solo part #76580 2006-08 $239

Fender Bib part #78060 $30
Hey, I finally got around to buying that fender bib. Thanks for the tip.

Pix to follow at some point.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:01 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

Het Stago_ I noticed that even though you have a solo seat, you still have passenger pegz...Have you removed those yet? Also, is your solo seat permanent? In other words, if you ever put the stock one back on, you'd put something back over the fender for protection, correct?

Old 09-28-2008, 01:31 PM
stagolee
Road Master

Originally Posted by benwiggin2
Het Stago_ I noticed that even though you have a solo seat, you still have passenger pegz...Have you removed those yet? Also, is your solo seat permanent? In other words, if you ever put the stock one back on, you'd put something back over the fender for protection, correct?
Yeah, I kept the passenger pegs because I switch back to the 2-up seat when the lady is riding with me.

Under the stock seat I found 4 little rubber pads - about 1 square inch each.

They were stuck to the fender with a mild adhesive.

They came off easily and I still have them but I don't bother to put them back when using the longer saddle.

And I haven't seen any wear on the fender as a result.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:09 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

Originally Posted by stagolee
Yeah, I kept the passenger pegs because I switch back to the 2-up seat when the lady is riding with me.

Under the stock seat I found 4 little rubber pads - about 1 square inch each.

They were stuck to the fender with a mild adhesive.

They came off easily and I still have them but I don't bother to put them back when using the longer saddle.

And I haven't seen any wear on the fender as a result.
good to know