Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel injector changes on 06s

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 11:36 PM
dynamolowrider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel injector changes on 06s

whet to the dealer today the mech. took one look said yep them are the old ones they said they would call me when they come in as soon as it gets done ill post.

Old 02-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

Has anyone confirmed whether the 25's flow more/less/ or the same as the 8's? I went riding Friday and it seems my ride is popping more than ever. It was 51 outside. Not too cold but she still was sluggish off the line and felt like it wanted to stall.[:@]

Old 02-28-2006, 01:57 AM
legionetrangere
3rd Gear

you guys have got me worried now...I am a little perplexed with all these issues that have come up with '06's,I hope that I didn't buy a long term PITA.I have to say that my bike is running great with the PC III and V&H BSS's and I have ridden it around 30 degrees,no popping,stumbling,etc.Should I relax about these injectors? Thanks.

Old 02-28-2006, 05:48 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

You have the PC3. From my understanding, you can tune your bike richer by using that. I do not have one. I have the SE A/C, SE slip ons, and download. It just seems I'm not, along with many others, getting the fuel I need with this setup. I woundn't lose sleep over it. Mine is fine, not great, but fine. Hopefully the new injectors will cure the occasional stumble and pop.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:04 AM
legionetrangere
3rd Gear

thanks Junior,that's what I was kind of thinking,good to hear it from someone else.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:16 AM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: grizzly

WHat do you think Jamie? I know that going stock AC with theD/L and slip ons fattened up my mixture. She is running good now. But, if Iwanted to put the highflow back on, it would be to lean. and I still dont know how she will run when it gets hot here this summer?????
Sorry for taking so long to respond. Somehow I missed this thread. What do I think? ... hrmm... You and I have both experienced identical conditions on our Dynas. I'm not happy with how my bike runs with the SE/AC, SEIIs and download. I have no doubt that it's too lean and it will run a little hotter than it should once summer arrives. I think that if there wasn't a problem with the injectors, the new bikes would still be getting the 8s. Think back in terms of carbed bikes and cold start probs were generally solved with more fuel (choke).. I'm no expert by any means, but if HD thinks all bikes coming off the line should have 25s, then I want 25s. There has to be a reason why HD used these injectors on the CVO bikes. I have no idea what the flow rates are, but it would make sense that the CVO injectors are better. Do I think they'll solve lean running conditions on a fully warmed up bike? Not sure. I think the map is programmed to certain parameters. I do think they could provide better throttle response and a smoother running engine. Thinking in terms of future upgrades (Stage II), it would be nice to have the 25s already in the bike.

My bike is in the shop for the tranny recall. Supposed to be done today. I asked about the M-1185 bulletin when I took it in. I didn't demand an injector swap, I just mentioned it and nicely asked if they could look into it and get me qualified. Service manager said she'd see what she could do and seemed agreeable to the idea. She did tell me that it would be a month before they got any CVO injectors in and asked if I could bring the bike back then. They called yesterday and said I should be able to pick it up today, so I'll ask about it when I go pick it up. The owner of the dealership was with us when I mentioned it and my best friend is on a first name basis with him. Don't know if that influenced her attitude, but it couldn't have hurt.

I ordered a SERT yesterday and it should be here by the end of the week. $367 from Hale's HD. The CVO injectors can be had for $57 each. If somehow HD refuses to upgrade my bike, I may go ahead and buy some anyway. I'll just wait a few months and see how other people feel once they are installed.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:03 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i haer ya i dont like the way my bike run eather and mines stock i cant do any mods till i have the prob lem fixed thats if they do the swap for me i might have to cause a rukas to get them to do it. I went for a ride in 30 degree wather and the bike ran like crap i took the spark plugs out and this is what they looked like i think it is WAY to lean the plugs r soooo white to me

[IMG]local://upfiles/8434/43A88A32B7C949108B67B45E8593F319.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2006, 01:54 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's tough to read spark plugs with unleaded gas and all the additives. Hard to tell from the pic, but those actually don't look bad to me. How does your bike run? Describe the probs you are having...

On a different note, my SERT just arrived! I ordered it yesterday at 1:40pm and the Fed-Ex guy dropped the package off at 11:20am today! Wow.. is that fast, or what? Here's to Hale's HD for the fastest shipping ever. I only paid $10 for shipping and didn't expect the SERT till Friday. Now if my bike was only here, I could mess with the SERT..lol[8D]

Old 02-28-2006, 05:18 PM
tiger
Intermediate

went to my dealer here ( other side of the pond uk ) they had a look at the sb ref the injector change.
they said they did not know anything about it , when i asked if they could fit the 25 deg injectors the answer was yes but they could not update the ecm as we dont have digi tec over here they use download cartridges and non exist for stock maps
i find this hard to believe.

Old 02-28-2006, 05:46 PM
USBP Desert Fox
Intermediate

Hey guys, this is all great info, this is my first post. you guys might already know the March 06 issue of American Iron has a good long article on all this fuel injection stuff (starts pg. 34) and i also read a while back in November 05 issue of V-twin (pg177) the editor wrote that any mod to the mufflers or to the air filter with the new ecm with o2 sensors would compensate. guess he was wrong because after reading this thread it seams to adjust on a narrow band. I myself am runnig a stock bobber with D&D slip ons, it seems to run fine with an occasional hiccup on decel. i noticed today that after a good ride in warm weather (80 degrees, got to love Texas) i started it up and black smoke came out the exhaust i only have 240 mi. and have been abiding with the break in rules. it only did this on start up after riding it back home i reved it up a bit from idle and it did NOT breath black smoke. wonder why? i am sure i am running a bit on the lean side but will i really hurt the engine with these slip ons? ill check the plugs when i get some more miles i only have about 120 mi with the slip ons

Quick Reply: fuel injector changes on 06s