Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel injector changes on 06s

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 04:14 PM
wideglide06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel injector changes on 06s

I've been complaining to the dealer where my 06 Wide Glide was purchase about hard starting and cutting in out while traveling at approximately 20 to 30 MPH in second and third gear. Last week the service advisor informed me that was the way fuel injected engines ran from the factory. However, they could fix the problem by installing a Power Commander for $349.00 plus labor. Today I went into the service department armed with Service Bulletin M-1185 Fuel Injector/Calibration Changes for 2006 1450cc Big Twins. They immediately back down, wrote out a work order to get my bike fixed. The HD-Forum hopefully saved me a lot of money because I was leaning toward the SERT and Dyno.

Old 02-24-2006, 06:30 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why wait till the warmer weather i would get it done right away too before evryone else take theirs in you know the service departments r gonna be swamped this year and who knows their probly will be more bugs in the 06 line to take care of in the future the way its going this year......

Old 02-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

I went in to the dealer as well today to schedule up my tranny recall work. I mentioned the new service bulletin (they had no idea), mentioned my cold start issues, some popping (OK, I made that one up), and some surging at lower speeds. I explained the injector swap to him and he agreed that it would probably help with the lean issues at the lower rpms. I didn't get into any recalibration stuff.

He inferred that swapping my injectors would "be a given" when they do the recall work, once they read up on the service bulletin. I'm pretty sure I'll have to come back in with the service bulletin in hand, but, it doesn't look like they'll put up a fuss. I'll take the swap without a wait-and-see attitude on this one. More fuel is more fuel. May save me eventually getting a TFI or PCIII.

Whiff

Old 02-24-2006, 06:35 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

yea i bet the hd stage 1 download wil work right to for those that have it

Old 02-24-2006, 06:57 PM
dynamolowrider
Tourer

I took the bulletin in today to try and see if they would order them right away he didnt seem to like the fact i even had the bulletin he even ask me how i got it . they wouldent order them till they verify part# so im goin to take it in tomarow so they can take a look . ithink they are going to give me some flak but well see

Old 02-24-2006, 07:01 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

those BASTARDS aaaarrrrggghhh

Old 02-24-2006, 08:43 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, as I assumed, they had no idea of the service bulletin. Started to tell me about SERTs and DFOs, and fuelpaks ect. I have had no problems with this Dealer, so I did not go off on him about it being a new bike blah blah blah.

Anyhow, I told him it surged at low speeds, had a decell pop, and it ran to hot. I told him I had to put the stock AC back on and that fattened up the mix. But the symptoms were still there. The service manager started asking me some questions....to see how much I knew....and I believe had I been uninformed would have fed me a line of BS. I explained that if it was not a problem, the MoCo would not be doing it to all the newly built 06 models. (No kidding huh.) He looked at the bulletin again, and as he was reading the first part about the configuration I reminded him that his shop did the stage one. I told him I had no probs with his shop, but I needed this issue fixed. I gave the sob story of brand new bike.....tranny recall.....inner primary.......stage one issues..... he then said your right. Bring it in Monday, we will check the pressure to be in concert with the bulletin, and replace the injectors. I thanked him and came home.

The recall went well, now I have to decide...................should I have them put the new injectors in? I really don't have any issues, but if the new injectors with the D/L would allow me to go back with the SE A/C that would be good right?

Old 02-24-2006, 09:57 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Get the new injectors while they are free even if you have to get a SERT. Then make them dyno it and you should be home free.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:37 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I am going to...but I dont think I will need the SERT. More fuel delivery, with the same downloaded algyrithm tables, and sluip ons Ishouldbe good to goeven withthe High Flow A/C/ we will see????

Old 02-24-2006, 10:41 PM
WillieC
Road Master

ORIGINAL: DyNaBoB

has anyone checked their injector number yet and do they replace the 8 degree for the 25 degree for free cause of warrenty or is it all on us
I was at my dealer today for more chrome etc. asked the service dept about the injector deal. They said they
have not received the service bullet yet but because I had problems with surging and they had to call HD tech support about it they will probably replace mine for me under warranty.
I sure hope it happens !!

WillieC

Quick Reply: fuel injector changes on 06s