Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel injector changes on 06s

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Grouty
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel injector changes on 06s

I am taking delivery of my Streetbob next weekend. Have ordered 1550 stg 11 with SE Pro 11 pipes, cams,race download etc. Injector change is a concern - once the bike is run in I would sugest a dyno run and gas analyzer to check whether fueling is running rich or lean. Perhaps this would clear up any fueling problems regardless of running problems with either injector set up? Could anyone with a run in bike find out? Perhaps a before and after test?

Old 03-04-2006, 09:41 PM
wideglide06
Intermediate

My injectors were ordered 02/24/06 and came in 03/02/06 and installed yesterday. When picking up the bike today, I had a lengthy conversation with the service manager and his top mechanic regarding the new injectors. One thing they stressed, these new injectors do not flow more fuel and if I changed my exhaust at SERT or PC III would be required. On the 15-mile ride home, I noticed very little popping through the exhaust on deceleration and much less surging. Overall, I believe the new injectors (25 degree) eliminated about 90% of my engine problems. The new injectors are worth the trouble if you are experiencing surging at low to mid rpm, some hesitation in throttle response and popping through the exhaust.

2006 DWGI
Stage 1 Download
SE A/C
SE II Slip-Ons

Old 03-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

OK, strike 1 at the dealer. They have the bike until next week then I need it to ride to Daytona. I posted a longer thread on a reply to "Is it my Imagination" or a similar post on the Dyna forum here. It was a post where DyNaBoB was venting. I understand some of you guy's rage now. Why one dealer would tell their customer, "I already ordered a set for your bike" without you even asking, and another stealer will question how you know and who told you about this. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIX THE ISSUE. It is a trend that the Moco sets by not issuing a recall. It should at least cover all bikes that were purchased new from the stealer with the SE A/C, slipons, and a download. If they are willing to pawn their extras to a new buyer, they should be able to support the necessary means to ensure the bike runs correctly.
Maybe I should just get a PCIII or similar. What to get? I don't know of any dynos around here. If the dealer doesn't replace the injectors, I'm done with them. The only mod I'll end up doing is replacing the slip ons with some new pipes. I need a plug and play module. Any suggestions?

Old 03-06-2006, 05:38 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea like you said im pissed i mean you shouldnt need to remap or do any mods to the bike to make it run i mean i bought it messed up yes i want to mod it but i want it to run like a top stock and then i can mod it.mine went in for the tranny recall and i told them bout the injector bulletin but i dont think they are goona touch em im going to have to go to a diff stealer i think

Old 03-06-2006, 05:42 PM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: DyNaBoB

yea like you said im pissed i mean you shouldnt need to remap or do any mods to the bike to make it run i mean i bought it messed up yes i want to mod it but i want it to run like a top stock and then i can mod it.mine went in for the tranny recall and i told them bout the injector bulletin but i dont think they are goona touch em im going to have to go to a diff stealer i think
Wow!! Hard to follow...please start using some punctuation and capital letters to begin and end sentences.

On another note, sorry you're having all these problems. Your dealer should install the 25's, just keep complaining and they'll do it for you just to shut you up. My dealer was hesitant at first but then said they'd do it. Mine are on order and the bike is there just waiting for them to come in.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:53 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry not a good typer lol...i hear ya at the complaning part but i shoudnt have to acording to the bulletin . they have had it since last thurs and still no call yet cant wait to find out if they did or not

Old 03-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

Well, just got back in town from business. Never received a call from the Dealer. They had my bike since Saturday. I stopped by on my way to work today to see what's up. Well, FOUL TIP, STRIKE 2. The service guy, a different guy than the last two, told me my 1000-mile service was complete but they couldn't replicate the symptoms of popping & stumbling. He said they needed documentation to forward to Moco in order to change injectors. I asked what documentation, the word of the dealer that this bike is not running correctly. I explained to him how the other guy questioned where I bought the bike and who put the SE A/C & slip-ons on! I told him all is well when I'm spending my hard earned $$$ but when it comes to service I'm SOL. WTF! The guy said he’d check it out further for me. I keep my fingers & toes crossed but expect the same answer. Well, I guess we'll see tomorrow. One more STRIKE and their out.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:39 PM
phreak
Road Master

Had my bike in last week phor the recall work, and while they had it, I called them to ask about the injector swap.

They hadn't heard about it. So I gave them the bulletin # and described my symptoms. I talked to them the day they brought the bike back, and he had had a chance to read up on it, but still didn't have the parts. I don't know if I will be able to get them to make the swap under warantee or not. If I can, I will, otherwise, I just might pass.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

Mentioned the injector swap to my dealer when I dropped the bike off for the recall work. I guess my bike didn't pass the "diagnostic" qualifications for the swap because they say I don't need them. Of course, I can't trust my dealer as far as I can throw them (and there are some heavy b*st*rds there!) so I really don't know if they even looked.

Whiff

Old 03-09-2006, 02:56 PM
phreak
Road Master

Try this, then if it does it, tell the dealer.

I ride through a couple of school zones each day and the speed limit is 15. Do 15 in phirst gear and see if you get the surging. Mine does it. They may claim it's lugging the engine, but I believe if you check the owners manual it does not suggest 2nd until 20MPH so 15 in 1st is not lugging.

Quick Reply: fuel injector changes on 06s