Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel injector changes on 06s

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 11:45 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: fuel injector changes on 06s

ORIGINAL: JamieWG

My SERT came today. Already hooked it up to the bike and tested it out. No probs yet. The Stealer says they contacted the moco about my request for new injectors and they'll call me in 10 days. I had the recall work done this week and picked my bike up today. I'm very disappointed in my dealer because they tried to hit me up for $35 for warranty work. I refused to pay and the service manager refused to come talk to me. They just waved the charges. It was a small shot at some free money. I'm tempted to call the moco and report them, but I guess I better wait and see how this injector thing works out before I totally burn that bridge.

I'm planning to do a data mode run tomorrow and see how the bike looks on the SERT. After that, I'll create a custom map. It got too dark to get it all finished today. BTW - You can get the CVO injectors for $57 each from Zanottis. They are easy to install.
Can you post the map you end up with? It would really be a big help if we can go to the dealer with the map already done on a CD. I would think the MoCo would stage1 a Dyna and either publish the new map or send it to all the dealers so there is some standard to work off of.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:44 AM
tb2377
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey rastas, what are they doing to fix the front end clunk, i get that too and so do a few people here. when i asked about it they said there was no problem

Old 03-02-2006, 03:15 AM
rastas
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with the front end clunk they said they tightend head stem bolts,but when i got it home and pushed it into the shed i could still hear same noise.i wont bother taking it back b4 injector change over,2-3 weeks.this in the land down under mind you. its about 36degrees(90-95f)here today and i believe with s&s slip ons,download and SE a/c it would probably be too hot to ride in this lean state so decided 2 have some good aussie beer till cools down.in land of OZ we also do not get closed loop efi(international models) have sert but had 2 cancel my dyno tune until injectors changed.major backfiring/popping on deceleration.surging upto 35ml/hr in 2nd gear.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:36 AM
BLAZE
Cruiser

hey RASTAS which part of oz are you from im in victoria my dealer isnt interested in helping with the new injectors just wondered if you had to twist your dealers arm lol

Old 03-02-2006, 06:23 AM
rastas
Tourer

hey blaze from adelaide.didnt have to twist arm,good service centre manager.suggest printing out sb M-1185 and taking it to dealer show him the part that reads customer satisfaction.if still no result i would be sending a few thoughtfully directed e-mails to the correct people to get a bomb up the blokes bum.all costs r covered by harley anyway so i dont know what his big deal is

[IMG]local://upfiles/6326/B70FB16294CF4BE991F03E28669DADA4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-02-2006, 08:46 AM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI
Can you post the map you end up with? It would really be a big help if we can go to the dealer with the map already done on a CD. I would think the MoCo would stage1 a Dyna and either publish the new map or send it to all the dealers so there is some standard to work off of.
I'll be glad to share it with anyone who wants it. Didn't get time to mess with it yesterday though. I need a day where I've got both time and good weather. I don't think any dealer would be willing to install someone else's map for you. They have canned maps for Stage I bikes that they'll install though. HD is limited by EPA rules, so the only maps they install are canned maps or maps they create by doing a dyno tune for you.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Q_Bik
Advanced

I need to come clean here. Sme of this has gone beyond me. I am a adequate "wrench' in the sense I can disassemble and assemble most mechanical things. I operate equipment and heavy trucks and do the preventive type maintenance and wear out replacement work on them.

That being said all the talk on the 8 degree vs 25 degree injectors has me baffled.
serts?
maps?
Stage 1 Stage 2.

can someone on this forum direct me to a site where I can get more versed in all this. I wouldn't presume to have it all explained in a post as iIam sure it is mentioned in a multitude of posts and responses.

Is there a source I can go to to educate myself on all this.

the info on this forum is great.. I need to get up to speed to be able to understand what you guys are talking about.

I have a 06 Bob that is in for recall tranny work, had some Cycle Shack slip-ons installed.

I have on occassion noticed the surging at low-constant speed.... a rare cold start issue.. it has 3500 miles on it

Is this something to bring to my dealers attention? He still has my bike.

my last bike was a"47" panhead.. "47" frame extended springer.. "58" panhead engine.. milled heads.. straight pipes ... had to get my brother to throw me off off the roof of our house just to "kick" the thing over... yeah where the hell did kick starts go??

I sold it in 1969 cause we had a kid.. was always gonna get another one.. well..

That kid is now 37 and the old man has gotten a bike again..its just these are a different breed.. hell it hasn't even marked its spot yet..(leaked oil)

Thanks for any info here guys.. I am learning more as i read each forum post...

Old 03-02-2006, 09:24 AM
StreetBob
Cruiser

Where are you getting the SERT updates? You mentioned seeing an update for the new injectors.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:02 PM
USBP Desert Fox
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: tb2377

hey rastas, what are they doing to fix the front end clunk, i get that too and so do a few people here. when i asked about it they said there was no problem

my bobber does the same where is the problem , any one know. i tightened the fork stem bolt it was already tight at 40 lbs, i read on a soft tail thread that it needs to be tighted to 75lbs to maybe 100 ft ilbs is this to much ?

Old 03-02-2006, 05:32 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

sounds to me yhay evryone will be wrenching on dynas than ridding them i think harley took two steps backwards wish i could take mine back anyone wanna buy a street bob?

Quick Reply: fuel injector changes on 06s