Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arlen Ness Big Sucker question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:46 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,842 Likes on 2,551 Posts
Default RE: Arlen Ness Big Sucker question

By the way that's a sharp lookin Lowrider, I've got a 05 L/R it was the poster bike for the 05 sales brochures. It's got the S/E a/c and Dyno power slip ons with a Rev Tech DFO (digital fuel optimizer). It adds fuel and is also called an electronic jet kit. Works good for me.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:19 AM
ehretja
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running an AN BS with Python Staggered Duals (V&H Big Shot Staggered without the removable endcaps) and a PCIII from Fuel Moto that was pre-mapped for my set up. Bike runs 100 times better now than it did prior to the Stage 1 install. There really is no comparison in terms of performance. It runs like a dragster now.

You're right about the holes in the backplate. The OEM backplate has the rubber tubes running into the banjo bolts. The BS just has some cross drilled vent holes in the back plate that lead to the banjo bolts. Hence the need for the O-rings on the front and back side of the backer plate. The banjo bolt seals that chamber off.

As for the dealer down load. I didnt even bother with that. For about the same $232 you could have gotten a PCIII or a Fuel Pak, installed it yourself (it's really easy) and you'd be good to go.

My advice is to contact Jamie at FuelMoto and get a PCIII that is pre-mapped to your set up. You wont be disappointed.

Jeff

Old 05-11-2008, 04:06 PM
ghostd00d
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got done speaking to the STEALER. He said he thought I was installing the SE air kit. He said if he knew I was doing AN Big Sucker he would have told me not to do it.The ONLY map that HD has for a stage one is based on the SE AC and SE slipons. He said the pipes shouldn't affect much but the AC definetely would.He said the AN AC draws twice the air that a SE does.I asked about doing the download prior to adding the AC and he said it made no difference because it is a fixed map.He also said that if you go to a Power Commander you have to get the bike dynoed after the install. Is this more crap?

Here I guess are my choices.

Buy the SE AC
Buy the Commander
Have the map removed (which he said would cost me another 232.00)

I have already bought the Dyna IED's (on their way)

I am open to suggestions and ideas. Since I am on the road I have a week to make up my mind.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:46 PM
slaminum69
Intermediate

Ghost
I would take it backto the stealer, it was there F*** up to begin with they should have anticipated that it was a SE AC, and as far as I know The dealership should have about three diffrent downloads available for diffrent set ups. I know My dealer here in san diego sell the arlen ness BS and recommend it over the SE and they also download the best map set up for the bike. as far as the PCIII, typically you do not have to have dynoed unless you buy one of the ones from ebay or some company that does not program it your set up. Like Jeff said check out fuelmoto, they pre program the PCIII to the set up of your bike, they will require basic information such as model, year, type of exhaust and intake and any other mods that you may have done. But I would take it back to the dealer or another one and tell them your situation but I wouldnt pay another 232.00 for another DL.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:13 PM
ghostd00d
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: slaminum69

Ghost
I would take it backto the stealer, it was there F*** up to begin with they should have anticipated that it was a SE AC, and as far as I know The dealership should have about three diffrent downloads available for diffrent set ups. I know My dealer here in san diego sell the arlen ness BS and recommend it over the SE and they also download the best map set up for the bike. as far as the PCIII, typically you do not have to have dynoed unless you buy one of the ones from ebay or some company that does not program it your set up. Like Jeff said check out fuelmoto, they pre program the PCIII to the set up of your bike, they will require basic information such as model, year, type of exhaust and intake and any other mods that you may have done. But I would take it back to the dealer or another one and tell them your situation but I wouldnt pay another 232.00 for another DL.
Yeah....I sat at the parts counter for 30 minutes......paid 140 for the AN Big Sucker. Put it in my bag...then went in to schedule the download. They NEVER asked me what type of AC I was using. I did ask for them to do something to compensate but was told point blank that I was told twice it was an SE download. He told me it was the ONLY Stage 1 download they have. I think I will give fuel moto a call tomorrow and see what they can do. I do have to admit that the ride home with the original AC on there was a big difference than before they did the download. Throttle response seemed much better as well as it actually sounded a bit quieter. Guess I could always go with the SE AC kit and sell the AN BS here.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

All you would have to do is change out the filter.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:40 PM
ghostd00d
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Airborne350G

Really....I wouldnt have to change the backing plate? The SE kit looks totally different then the AN

Old 05-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: ghostd00d

ORIGINAL: Airborne350G

Really....I wouldnt have to change the backing plate? The SE kit looks totally different then the AN
What is different is the way they pull gasses out of the block. The AN looks much cleaner then the SE back plate. But the SE filter will fit. The SE filter is not as tall as the BS filter.

PS as you can tell I hate typing...

Old 05-11-2008, 06:14 PM
slaminum69
Intermediate

Ghost,
One thing you have to remeber when you go thru fuel moto is that they will program thePCIII to set up you have on the bike so it either the arlen ness or the SE inatke cant change the intakes after you have the PCIII set up of one of them. In way you can by getting another download from fuel moto but that one you will have to download yourself. If I were in your shoes I would stick with the arlen ness, it allows more air in then the SE and it looks better. What is happening with your current dowload is that the bike is set up for the SE which use less air comming in and is set up your fuel management to that when you have the AN on it you have more air less fuel so that is why you are running hot and having the popping on decel. as I stated earlier when you get the PCII it will set you up for the proper air to fuel mixture. Talk to feuel moto and tell them what you have going on with the stealer and what you have set up on your bike they will help you out. By the way do you have on one dealer in the area? try another one and asked them what they think. I hope this help you out and gets you back on the road. Good luck

Old 05-11-2008, 06:47 PM
ghostd00d
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: slaminum69

Ghost,
One thing you have to remeber when you go thru fuel moto is that they will program thePCIII to set up you have on the bike so it either the arlen ness or the SE inatke cant change the intakes after you have the PCIII set up of one of them. In way you can by getting another download from fuel moto but that one you will have to download yourself. If I were in your shoes I would stick with the arlen ness, it allows more air in then the SE and it looks better. What is happening with your current dowload is that the bike is set up for the SE which use less air comming in and is set up your fuel management to that when you have the AN on it you have more air less fuel so that is why you are running hot and having the popping on decel. as I stated earlier when you get the PCII it will set you up for the proper air to fuel mixture. Talk to feuel moto and tell them what you have going on with the stealer and what you have set up on your bike they will help you out. By the way do you have on one dealer in the area? try another one and asked them what they think. I hope this help you out and gets you back on the road. Good luck

I am going to call them tomorrow. Hate to keep dumping money in this but ohhhhhhh wellllll. This is the only dealer within 40 miles of me. I have heard that there is a good indy in a city near me but I don't know their name. My big concern is being able to get the PCIII under the seat. My 06 has the alarm setup as well as the backoff brake module in there. Looks awful tight. I watched a video of the fuelpak install and the mentioned that if you had an alarm you would have to move it. But they didn't give any options as to where to move it. I would hate to dump another 3 bills just to find out I can't make it fit. So far I have 250 in my pipes.....150 in the AC...and 232 in the download.75 in the IED's.....beginning to wonder if the extra 7 HP is worth it.

Quick Reply: Arlen Ness Big Sucker question