Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you guys keep your cool????

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 11:58 AM
dajam_fxdli
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you guys keep your cool????

It just does not pay to get angry, even though I have but there are way to many uneducated cagers out there. They live in their liitle world and do not even think about what is outside. What is needed is much better education and awareness of others on two wheels. I do see in the near future this will become discussed much more with gas prices climbimg. I have laready seen many more riders out than the last few years, especially during rush hour. As far as the bad drivers go I choose to ignore them and just keep my eyes open and practice my observation skills. You can never be too safe. Let it go... and yes, you can scare the hell out of them or you can call the local PD and turn them in. The more awareness the police have the more focus on this there will be.

SEE is the key term here. If you have taken the MSF courses. Search, evaluate and execute.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:26 PM
RKLeo
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 27 Posts

OK GUYS......

First off, if you read my original post closely.........This was no accident.
The teenager purposely blinded me and then swerved in front of me to scare me.
Thats what threw me into the rage.
I appreciate all the support and advice both poitive and negative above. I doubt I will ever chase down a car again. I just had a bad day.

Now Today........
I read all the above advice and hit the road. I am three blocks from my house turning into a shopping center when a lady pulls out of the center directly in my path. This was an accident. She didnt see me because she didnt look.
We both lock up our brakes and we stop only about a foot away from impact. I just looked at her with an evil look and I could see her mouth wide open in shock saying sorry.

I just kept riding and even laughed a little because of all the advice in this thread.

Thanks guys............Ride safe.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:37 PM
badavis
6th Gear

I know someone who was cut off by a teen girl and he followed her and told her off. About a week later her father showed up at his house and asked him to follow to where the girl was. He agreed and went to her house where her father thanked him for going off on her and asked him to talk to her friends too. Sometimes drivers need to hear about how stupid they are.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:34 PM
20LowRider02
Tourer

Accidents require a little screaming lecture of telling them to wake the F$&% UP. Intentional acts are a whole different animal!!

Old 05-10-2008, 06:05 PM
bikecop40
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Follow the car just long enough to get the plate number then back off.... find a safe place to park, if you have a cell phone call 911 report the car as a possible DUI / Reckless and let the pros handle it. We answer calls like that all the time and you'll be surprised how many actually get to visit the county bed & breakfast I think the breakfast menu today was Tang,instant coffee,powdered eggs with a wet wipe lol

Stay cool bro
D/C

Old 05-10-2008, 06:41 PM
RKLeo
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bikecop40

Follow the car just long enough to get the plate number then back off.... find a safe place to park, if you have a cell phone call 911 report the car as a possible DUI / Reckless and let the pros handle it. We answer calls like that all the time and you'll be surprised how many actually get to visit the county bed & breakfast I think the breakfast menu today was Tang,instant coffee,powdered eggs with a wet wipe lol

Stay cool bro
D/C

Thanks man............Thats good to know. I suppose with the burdon of proof I would have to hope they were drinking. In this case, I doubt it. But a visit from an officerto Mommy and Daddys house to discuss the teenagers driving may work wonders.
I envy you BikeCop40. I would have loved to issue a few citations on that one. You have a great job.
Good Luck out there...Be safe, and Thank you for your service.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Draxs
Advanced

Tide, I'm curious. Why do you pack a Glock when you ride?

Old 05-10-2008, 07:22 PM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i sometimes pack my '38 plus P' because it's my right... no different than packing it when i go to pick pizzas up on friday night for my family

Old 05-10-2008, 07:43 PM
RKLeo
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Draxs

Tide, I'm curious. Why do you pack a Glock when you ride?
Florida is a gun state and almost everyone carries something here.
I dont want to be the only one unarmed.
It keeps crime down.
Not many people want to break in your house knowing that Grandma might have a gun.[8D]

Old 05-10-2008, 08:29 PM
grumpa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I got to get in here too.
Bikercop said it in a nut shell.
Tide you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel for you all the way but once you got into her space then it could have turn ugly for you. Luck for you it didn't, she could have made that call.If I would have chase her down , with my luck I would be the one over at the County B & B.
I got some DVD's from "RIDE LIKE A PRO" a while back ,the one that opened my eyes was "surviving the mean streets" this DVD show you how to perpare your self for these people. Its worth the cost of a case of coors to order it.( or a six pack of Guiness ) www.ridelikeapro.com on the east coast and www.ridelikeaprowestcoast.com on the west side.
Some one else said extra lights, I say Rollbar's with extra lights and a air horn. I'm hopingmy horn will be here for my 66th B-Day. Joey no shirt found one , Check with him.
Ride save.

Quick Reply: How do you guys keep your cool????