Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you guys keep your cool????

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 07:41 AM
2tonebob
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you guys keep your cool????

I know alot of you don't care to clutter up the front of the bike, but I installed a couple of Kuryakin silver bullets on my forks just below the lower triple tree. They are very bright and I have them angled up so they hit drivers right in the eye, I can't say for sure they were what worked but I have had a lot of drivers start to pull out and then quickly stop and no one has ever even started to turn left in front of me since I put them on. I also get angry when the idiots of the world show themselves, and I think about yelling but the truth is there are way to many of them to for me to even think about edjucating them all, I just shake my head and cuss to myself and try to go back to enjoying the ride.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:46 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Some old sucker blasted through a stop sigh just following the mini-van ahead of him like cattle @ rush hour and when i held up my hands he signaled me the it was his turn man! He didn't even realize he was wrong , these kind of things happen wether I'm riding or driveing my car. Some folks drive like they have blinders or tunnel vision , like uh ... uh .... cattle! only they smell better-the cattle i mean! another Chick 30 ish yesaterday 65 mile sppeed limit going about 70 was braking every time she had to pass a truck. slowing down right in front of me to likesuddenly we are only goin 55 then she passes.there is nothing we can do they were bor cattle! That teenage girl prolyy put the high beams on accidentally while looking for the radio volume and didn'y know the highs were even on!

And I mean no offense to any decent cattle men out there,heck i love cows! I eat beef once or twice a week!

Old 05-10-2008, 07:56 AM
SK8ROD
Banned

ive spent some hospital time in past due to morons like this,, look at it this way, she is gonna think twice next time and may even look out and be more aware of bikers,, so you may have saved an accident..

i think all adults should complete a motorcycle course before they are allowed to sit their driving exam and get a car.

pete

Old 05-10-2008, 08:22 AM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that girl will probably think twice about doing that crap again. I understand your anger but what if it turned out to be a car load of gang members looking to make a a name for them selves and just blew you away for the hell of it. I tell my wife contantly to keep her cool and watch out for the other driver that may be packing a gun and had a very bad day. Just some of my thoughts on this. I yell a lot at some of the aholes out there but have forced myself to calm down and just shrug the crap off.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:22 AM
camit34
Intermediate

It was this exact thing that got me 3 years ago. SHE made a right turn on a red light just as I was coming into the intersection and I had no where to go up into the *** end of the car. I flew to the right and the bike to the left. It was probably a good thing I was so disoriented when she approached me... I'm still missing about 30-40 minutes of time refferance right after the hit.

It seems to happen a lot and I just shake my head and sometimes point a certain finger at them...

Old 05-10-2008, 08:51 AM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

had a teenage girl flick a cigarette out her window last year that hit me in the chest.... i nearly lost it on her at the next light.... i hate being put in that zone (happens VERY rarely)- and frankly, it's a luxury most adult men can't afford... but she put me there... a very dark place- head hurts, body gets numb, and everything gets hazy

all i remember is the frozen look on her face... i really think she was in shock

i hated myself after it, though.... not proud of myself at all.... and hindsight is always 20/20

such is rage

Old 05-10-2008, 10:34 AM
20LowRider02
Tourer

Yeah, you should just shake your head and keep all of that anger inside of you. There's no reason to let people know they did something wrong to you. Just tuck it back and take it like a man.

OH WAIT....F&$% THAT. What you did was perfect. You and I both know it made you feel better and maybe that little B$%&# learned a hard taught lesson. Maybe you saved another biker later on down the road because she'll think twice next time. People have no consideration for other people on the road so yeah, my mouth is gonna flap because of the way people drive.

When someone cuts me off it's like they are spitting in my face and telling me they are better than me and they don't have to wait. If they didn't see me then they need to open their eyes!!

AND YES IF I CUT SOMEONE OFF I EXPECT THE SAME REACTION!! I did it to some guy on a bike and he pulled up screaming at me. I said "Man I am so sorry, I know it's not an excuse but I swear I didn't see you. I hope you can accept my apology because it's heartfelt. I didn't mean to cut you off." He stopped and was just amazed that I wasn't yelling back. How can one justify yelling back when they are wrong?

Old 05-10-2008, 11:00 AM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL....Very true, 20LowRider02! ...good point

Old 05-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Draxs
Advanced

People make mistakes and loosing ones temper over it doesn't make things any better. I would like to think that one of the things that puts humans above the lower order of beasts is our ability to control our temper but perhaps this is just a fantasy of mine.

I have had more than my fair share of dealings with people who are oblivious to the world that surrounds them. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone has been a victim at some time or another by morons who were not paying attention.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Righteous
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Try a few shots of Tequila before you ride to see if that settles you down.

Quick Reply: How do you guys keep your cool????