Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you guys keep your cool????

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 03:31 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: How do you guys keep your cool????

I sugest fighting... i used to be a scrapper all the time... then i started to train and actually fight... now i NEVER fight, mostly because i am very confident in what i am capeable of doing to someone now... funny, i became a better fighter and now i never fight (unless in training) I have heard of one to many guys turn around and try and chase down a car, only to get mowed down when the driver panics... not worth it to me...

Old 05-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mostly I just shake my head and move on. I have a riding friend that almost got us into some **** by flying off like that on 695 around Baltimore, he started to chase a guy that cut us off thru traffic. It's just not worth it to me.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:21 AM
UH60Hwkdrvr
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: skiahh

ORIGINAL: TIDE

I am not a violent guy, in fact I am a pretty mellow easy going guy.

Everytime some idiot pulls out in front of me, my blood freaking boils. I find myself shouting at them, reving my pipes, and intimidating the hell out of them while making them feel like an idiot!!!
Is it the leather?? The 45 Glock in my vest?? or maybe its the bandana squeezing my brain.
Or all of the above combined with the power between my legs just kicks the testosterone up a few notches.
hmmm.... well, that crap doesn't work with me. Pipes, shouting, tailgating etc. Just makes me think someone's more stupid than the mistake I may have UNintentionally made, compared to your intentional "mistakes". And as for making them feel like an idiot, that's only in your mind.

Someone pulls that crap with me and they may wind up a lot closer to my 7000# of steel and iron than they want.. your testosterone, leather and "power" between your legs is absolutely no match for 2, 3, 4 or more thousand pounds of car. Some day you'll meet your counterpart in the road rage category and he'll win. Unless you shoot him first.

And yeah, you should feel proud of yourself... manly, even, for berating a teenage girl. She learned nothing from your actions except that there's people more irresponsible out there than her.

I agree 100%!

If you get that angry while riding, you should find some other hobby to occupy your time. All that anger is wasted energy and will only serve to shorten your life.

m.a.c.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:08 AM
RKLeo
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree....believe me....I agree.......with all of the above.

I feel even worse now than I did before after sleeping on it.
I never gave chase before and I never will again. I just felt like this kid intentionally tried to kill me.
If I had went down it would have been intentional attempted murder or even worse......I would be dead and noone would have
ever known that she intentionally swerved into my path to scare me. It was not an accident she swerved at me. It was her reply to me flashing my high beam.
It makes me wonder now, when I hear the news stories of the one bike accidents where the biker dies and all they can say is "he lost control of the bike"

The weird thing is...In a car I could have cared less. On my bike, I get so mad.
I try to keep my cool but sometimes its more effective to shout out something instead of looking for the little horn button.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:30 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The ones the pee me off are the ones that try catch you from way backandand passyou doing 100mph on the freeway. I am just going the speed limit 10 over or sothey pass me and slow down whats that all about. With the price of gas you think they would think of all the money they are wasting just to prove their the man. I just ignore them.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:37 AM
DMas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TIDE

I agree....believe me....I agree.......with all of the above.

I feel even worse now than I did before after sleeping on it.
I never gave chase before and I never will again. I just felt like this kid intentionally tried to kill me.
If I had went down it would have been intentional attempted murder or even worse......I would be dead and noone would have
ever known that she intentionally swerved into my path to scare me. It was not an accident she swerved at me. It was her reply to me flashing my high beam.
It makes me wonder now, when I hear the news stories of the one bike accidents where the biker dies and all they can say is "he lost control of the bike"

The weird thing is...In a car I could have cared less. On my bike, I get so mad.
I try to keep my cool but sometimes its more effective to shout out something instead of looking for the little horn button.
On the other hand maybe you made her respect bikers on the road more. My wife got cut off in a parking lot by a teeny-bopper who didn't even glance her way. My wife went right up to the drivers side window and unloaded on her (not pretty as I have been on the receiving end at times). Maybe someone needs to scare them into realizing driving isn't a secondary activity. I understand it's not something you want to repeat, and it's almost always better to just let it go but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Robbs Ram SST
Cruiser

It's hard to keep your cool with some of the idiots out there, but giving chase put both of you in jepordy. Glad it ended safely.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:23 AM
twofish
Road Master

When I leave my driveway I know there’s people out there
waiting to screw up my good mood. If I don’t shine them on
I may as well stay home. “Oh Well” attitude keeps me from
getting myself in trouble, most the time anyway.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:31 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Tide, good for you. I know we don't want to get that upset, ever.
I am sure the crying and tears were just for you and she'll do the same thing tomorrow.

I doubt there is one person riding that hasn't felt like doing what you did, and I am glad you didn't get hurt.
On the other hand, a 100 mph chase has got to make anyone feel much better

I hope the little chat you had with her helps another rider out, later.

When the kid ran over me, his Dad and the police officer gave me the oppurtunity to give the kid a sermon, and I did.

DougJ

Old 05-10-2008, 07:36 AM
johnbd
Intermediate

We've all been cut-off, turned left on, or (in my case) rear-ended. But TIDE was lucky. He would have been more surprised to look down the barrel of some maniac's Glock....instead of at a little girl. I can't say I haven't been fit to be tied myself on the road.....but ramping it up another notchain't worth it.Escaping a traffic accident....only to be killed by some nut case?Geeez. It's bad enough out there without making it worse. JBD

Quick Reply: How do you guys keep your cool????