Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about FXLR parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:10 PM
jerm138
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about FXLR parts

I recently purchased a 1993 Lowrider FXLR. It is my first Harley, and I'm still learning all the ins and outs. It seems like there are very few after-market parts/accessories that specifically say that they'll fit on the FXLR. I'd liketo put highway bars on it, but can't seem to find a set that are for the FXLR. Is there another bike that's pretty much the same, that I can interchange things with? I'm assuming the FXR is about the same, and I could order FXR parts, but I don't want to end up paying return shipping costs and restocking fees if I'm wrong. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:15 AM
last saint
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Question about FXLR parts

Congrats on getting a great bike. The FXR is the best handling Harley ever made! As for parts, pretty much anything made for an FXR will work on your scoot. The FXLR is the lowrider version of the FXR. It has a bit more rake than a plain FXR, a 21" front wheel and that's pretty much all of the major differences. The Hiway bars for a plain FXR should bolt right up. There were several different versions of the FXR available..such as the FXRS, FXLR, FXRT etc.
Enjoy it and take care of it....you've got an amazing bike that a lot of us miss!!

Old 05-10-2008, 07:47 PM
jerm138
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question about FXLR parts

Thanks! That's exactly the answer I was looking (and hoping) for! So, I guess the FXLR is just sort-of a "sub-model" of the FXR, with a few mods here and there.

Yeah... I got real lucky with this bike. I didn't know much about Harleys (still don't... but I'm learnin), but a friend of mine who has ridden them his whole life coached me on buying this one, and told me that if I didn't buy it, he was going to. From what little I can find about the FXLR, it seems like there are a lot of people who consider it one of the best Harleys they've ridden, and a lot who miss that bike, too. I'm very happy with it so far. The guy before me took real good care of it, and gave me a great price, too.

Thanks again for your help.