Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Street Performance Mufflers - Mini Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 11:09 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: SE Street Performance Mufflers - Mini Review

ORIGINAL: badbs101

I hope my review didn't come off too negative because I really do like the mufflers overall. They are louder and deeper than stock, especially under load. I just wish they were a smidgen louder.

Anone else happy with their newer SE mufflers?
good review.... now how about a rider and passenger review of that seat of yours....

Old 05-10-2008, 11:46 AM
96 Wide Glide
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: RAWHIDE07

Sweet bike!I think the SE's are for riders who don't like too much noise(me).That constant roaring gets old quick on the freeway.One of my friends runs straight pipes,he also wears earplugs if he rides very far.
ORIGINAL: Zevron

I have the same slip ons. I like them but have to admit I opened them up a little . The are pinched off in the front which forces the exhaust through the fiberglass around the sides. It is a little louder and I love the sound. I liked it before opening them up but if you ride with friends who have loud pipes you can't even hear your own bike. I have the Nightrider Xtreme IEDs and so far I'm real happy with those.

If you wear a helmet that does'nt cover your ears, like a half helmet, even with some of the loudest pipes, (I run Big Radius) at freeway speed you will barely hear your pipes over the wind noise! That's why a lot of riders, including myself, wear ear plugs when were travelling. Has nothing to do with loud pipes!

Cheers... Ben.

The following users liked this post:
Fritz1218 (04-17-2022)
Old 05-10-2008, 11:50 AM
blueglide88
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the same mufflers on my FXD. I took off the SEII's I had because I'm tired of the noise on linger trips. That being said, around town I wish they were louder, but on the freeway they are perfect. You don't have to worry about getting a headache from these thats for sure. And for those of you wondering, I am NOT selling my SEII's. I'm sure I'll swap them back and forth when the mood strikes me.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:05 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,277 Likes on 13,338 Posts

BABS,they may be louder than you think,I had my son ride my bike up/down the road while I stood in the driveway,I was surprised,they were louder than I thought.

I hope my review didn't come off too negative because I really do like the mufflers overall. They are louder and deeper than stock, especially under load. I just wish they were a smidgen louder.

Anone else happy with their newer SE mufflers?

Old 05-10-2008, 04:47 PM
badbs101
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may be right!! When I pass by a car or building real close they tend to roar. My brother won't ride my bike (afraid he's gonna drop it) but I wish he would so I could hear them myself.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:50 PM
badbs101
Road Master

I thought the same thing. HD may know they get louder over time and are hoping they will catch on as a result. Fully packed and new they pass the EPA but over time...??

I like mine a lot.I bought them in almost new condition for half price.The previous owner paid $300.He pulled the baffles and removed the fiber packing and reinstalled the baffles which makes them deeper sounding but not loud.The packing burnsout anyway and H-D probably designed them that way.Since the EPA deal is stamped into the bottom of them they will pass inspection.They do pop a bit on decel but your stock mufflers do too,you just can't hear it.I have a set of the nightrider Xied's ordered and it has been reported that they make your exhaust sound deeper and reduce or eliminate the popping.I'll know soon.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:55 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Tons of people keep telling me not to change anything on my new bike ,but I would like the SE mufflers,was the price around 45 tx inc.?

Old 05-10-2008, 05:29 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

It's stamped into the muffler,as long as there's baffles in there they are street legal...

I thought the same thing. HD may know they get louder over time and are hoping they will catch on as a result. Fully packed and new they pass the EPA but over time...??

I like mine a lot.I bought them in almost new condition for half price.The previous owner paid $300.He pulled the baffles and removed the fiber packing and reinstalled the baffles which makes them deeper sounding but not loud.The packing burnsout anyway and H-D probably designed them that way.Since the EPA deal is stamped into the bottom of them they will pass inspection.They do pop a bit on decel but your stock mufflers do too,you just can't hear it.I have a set of the nightrider Xied's ordered and it has been reported that they make your exhaust sound deeper and reduce or eliminate the popping.I'll know soon.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:59 PM
badbs101
Road Master

Chicago HD had the best price I could find.

less than $260 shipped.

ORIGINAL: maddghost

Tons of people keep telling me not to change anything on my new bike ,but I would like the SE mufflers,was the price around 45 tx inc.?

Old 05-11-2008, 05:02 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

I see these for sale used fairly often by people who bought them and then wanted louder pipes,$100-$150 is about average.
ORIGINAL: maddghost

Quick Reply: SE Street Performance Mufflers - Mini Review