Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Street Performance Mufflers - Mini Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:20 PM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SE Street Performance Mufflers - Mini Review

More hi-jacking that isn't even on-topic: blackbob - your avatar is from an old western "Trinity is my Name", right? Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill?

Oh yeah, just in case anyone is wondering, the "scripted" mufflers that say "Harley Davidson" on them are not SE's. They are no louder than stock - made the mistake of buying some. At least they were cheap.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:08 PM
MIKETOW
Advanced

I had these SE pipes and'Stage One' done over the winter at Saint Paul Harley. I have only been able to ride about 100 miles so far but they sound louder already. I just wanteda little more performance and a little more noise. They seem great so far. Looking forward to hearing them in 2000 miles!

Old 05-10-2008, 01:36 AM
blackbob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, don't know what it is about those movies, I still crack up when I watch them.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Exavier22003
Advanced

All this info is leaning me towards them as well thanks for the advice.

Happy ridding and stay safe.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:34 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,277 Likes on 13,338 Posts

I like mine a lot.I bought them in almost new condition for half price.The previous owner paid $300.He pulled the baffles and removed the fiber packing and reinstalled the baffles which makes them deeper sounding but not loud.The packing burnsout anyway and H-D probably designed them that way.Since the EPA deal is stamped into the bottom of them they will pass inspection.They do pop a bit on decel but your stock mufflers do too,you just can't hear it.I have a set of the nightrider Xied's ordered and it has been reported that they make your exhaust sound deeper and reduce or eliminate the popping.I'll know soon.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Buggz
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Now you guys need to get BCT(Big City Thunder)baffles in your SE pipes, now that is a sweet sound!

Old 05-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Zevron
Cruiser

I have the same slip ons. I like them but have to admit I opened them up a little . The are pinched off in the front which forces the exhaust through the fiberglass around the sides. It is a little louder and I love the sound. I liked it before opening them up but if you ride with friends who have loud pipes you can't even hear your own bike. I have the Nightrider Xtreme IEDs and so far I'm real happy with those.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:04 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,277 Likes on 13,338 Posts

Sweet bike!I think the SE's are for riders who don't like too much noise(me).That constant roaring gets old quick on the freeway.One of my friends runs straight pipes,he also wears earplugs if he rides very far.
ORIGINAL: Zevron

I have the same slip ons. I like them but have to admit I opened them up a little . The are pinched off in the front which forces the exhaust through the fiberglass around the sides. It is a little louder and I love the sound. I liked it before opening them up but if you ride with friends who have loud pipes you can't even hear your own bike. I have the Nightrider Xtreme IEDs and so far I'm real happy with those.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:22 AM
GentlemanBiker
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DynaDan

Nice review. We might all be riding around with those if all this EPA, and local noise ordinance BS continues [:@]
Uh...yeah. Everyone else should just have to put up with pipes that sound like artillery fire, eh?

I am waiting for the day when I get turned away from the Blue Ridge Parkway, Skyline Drive, or a national park for no other reason than because I am on a motorcycle. It won't matter whether it is stock or has SE slip-ons. The majority of people don't ride motorcycles and are getting fed up with all the racket. Once they get sufficiently fed up, they might not settle for cracking down on loud pipes. They'll start cracking down on motorcycles altogether.

We need to meet society halfway on this issue. Otherwise, we will be forcefully and painfully reminded that the majority rules.

The following users liked this post:
Fritz1218 (04-17-2022)
Old 05-10-2008, 11:05 AM
DynaDan
Tourer

ORIGINAL: GentlemanBiker

ORIGINAL: DynaDan

Nice review. We might all be riding around with those if all this EPA, and local noise ordinance BS continues [:@]
Uh...yeah. Everyone else should just have to put up with pipes that sound like artillery fire, eh?

I am waiting for the day when I get turned away from the Blue Ridge Parkway, Skyline Drive, or a national park for no other reason than because I am on a motorcycle. It won't matter whether it is stock or has SE slip-ons. The majority of people don't ride motorcycles and are getting fed up with all the racket. Once they get sufficiently fed up, they might not settle for cracking down on loud pipes. They'll start cracking down on motorcycles altogether.

We need to meet society halfway on this issue. Otherwise, we will be forcefully and painfully reminded that the majority rules.

Hey, I agree with you on this. I just think the knee jerk reaction of some of these municipalities is going too far. I get aggravated when someone comes down though my neighborhood with loud pipes intentionally trying to show off. It makes us all look bad. Yes we should find a happy medium, but that is not the case most of the times. I am running a set of the old SE II mufflers and they are definitely louder than stock and the new SEs, but they are not as loud as some of these knuckleheads running around with tuned exhaust on their Honda Civics or the guys rattling my windows with the bass in their radio.

I just think that motorcycles are being singled out and it is wrong. There are many more contributors to the noise pollution around us, but we are and easy target because we are a minority and many people see riding a bike as dangerous activity, and unfortunately many folks still have a negative view, or even fear of bikers.

Quick Reply: SE Street Performance Mufflers - Mini Review