Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice for newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 03:13 AM
jrock28
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for newbie

I have the SE Stage 1 A/C kit and the SE slip ons on my '06 Street Bob. I just purchased some V&H Big Radius pipes and was wondering what, if anything, I have to use for the EFI. I had the dealer do a one time download when I put the slip ons on but not sure if I need something else now. Thanks in advance for any help...

Old 05-07-2008, 03:31 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain
Default RE: Advice for newbie

I did pretty much the same thing, cept I used V&H BSS. It should be fine, tho the dealer did ask me if I was having any issues with it and said I'd eventually need a new tune.Took about600-800 miles and it seemed to be popping quite a bit. I put in a PCIII and it stopped it.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:39 AM
ozfree
Cruiser

Go with the remap and run it. Getting it Dyno-checked for A/F ratioswouldn't hurt either. I'd go 1 step at a time and see how she runs. Research your alternatives to tuners. They can be overkill.

I have cobra pipes and stage 1 with no tuner. I'm having no problems.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:48 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will need a tuner...

if your done with all engine mods and fuel pack might be good for you. but if you think you might do engine work or change pipes later down the road you may want to think/search for information on the SERT or PCIII!

i would, and did, go with a PCIII from fuelmoto... you'll hear that alot on here.

harley on,

Old 05-07-2008, 02:34 PM
jrock28
2nd Gear

Thanks for all the advice, I think I'll try to run it with the download that's on there and then get a PCIII if I need it.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:25 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: jrock28

Thanks for all the advice, I think I'll try to run it with the download that's on there and then get a PCIII if I need it.
Just verify with the dealer, if they can even tell you at this point, that the "1 time download" you got was for stage 1 and not just some scheduled recall type of ECM flash. I was in my dealer just browsing with some friends not long after I got my bike. One of them mentioned something about hearing about a flash update for some bikes depending on when they were made. I checked with the service manager and, sure enough, I was down for needing that upgrade. I never received a thing in the mail about it, though. If I had never asked, I may have never known about it. But that ECM flash had nothing to do with stage 1.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:38 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't need a 'tuner', that's B.S.....

If you got a stg 1 download to your ECM ( there is a part # for that, check it) You will be fine.

Try adding IED's, you wont regret it, check nightrider.com (I am not an agent, just a happy customer!)

Do your homework, yer gonna find a bunch of opinions on the need/no need for SERT, PCIII, T-max etc.

If you opened up the intake, as it sounds like you did with a hi-flo AC, then be sure you at least got a stg 1 download.

Have fun!

Old 05-07-2008, 07:19 PM
beatbiker
Novice

I just bought a set of V&H short shot staggereds for my 05 wide glide. I also have a SE stage 1 (a/c and ecm flash). After reading a really good post on this topic yesterday, I decided to call the HD for their input. The response was that it 'might' run a little lean in 2200 rpm and at the tops of the rpms. I am with you, feel out the bike for a while.