Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Mustang Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:34 PM
CK Bobber
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob Mustang Seat Question

Guys,
Put a few miles on the new"ish" badlander seat I picked up a while back and now I'm looking for another seat Made a great trade with Kevin Cain for the seat and it looks great on the bike but my OL says NO, honestly it wasn't my favorite either.... So now I'm looking at mustang seats and I'm leaning toward the Vintage Solo but here are the two questions:

1. Is the wide too wide? I'm a average guy (6'0 200-215 lbs) wouldn't mind sitting a little farther back.

2. Rider backrest or not?

I'll definitely get the wide pillion for the OL, she sat on another bike this weekend and loved it. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I've got a badlander seat in excellent condition up for grabs....... If I get the mustang, I'll also have a stock 2006 Bob solo for sale with less than 400 miles on it.
Thanks

Old 05-04-2008, 06:47 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Street Bob Mustang Seat Question

It's a little wider then the stock seat and it'll raise you a little too. But it's night and day difference in comfort compared to the stock seat. Only regret was that I did'nt get the seat with the detachable back rest.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:00 PM
CK Bobber
Cruiser

Thanks for the reply, Do you have the wide or the regular?

Anybody else input??

Old 05-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Grizzbare
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put on the vintage Mustang, and love it, I am 6'4 it moves me back , and way better then the stock seat. I have the pillion for the 2 up days, but I am installing a motherwell fender rack to run solo with.

I will shoot pics tommorow

Old 05-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Grizzbare
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put on the vintage Mustang, and love it, I am 6'4 it moves me back , and way better then the stock seat. I have the pillion for the 2 up days, but I am installing a motherwell fender rack to run solo with.

I will shoot pics tommorow

Old 05-04-2008, 07:22 PM
CK Bobber
Cruiser

Mustang wide or regular....... One is like 13 inches the other is almost 16.5..... The larger hangs over the shocks and I wondered how this would look on the BOB.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Smiley51
Road Captain

CK look up member twofish. He has about had every seat and has taken some really good pic's of them. He has a great photo album.
Smiley

Old 05-04-2008, 11:28 PM
jbphoto
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the Mustang Wide on my Bob and I've got nothing but good things to say about it. I'm 5'8" and 235# and it fits me perfectly.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39791/412E6DBE15CD4141A610FE7F42708F65.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-05-2008, 12:19 AM
coastrider
Road Master

CK, I have the Wide Solo Mustang. I'm 5-10, 205 and the seat is great. Glad I got the wide one. Don't know if you can see much from my avatar, don't have any pics posted.

Ride Safe.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Vintage Solo standard version and am about your size (6' 190 lbs) and it is GREAT - I love it. Moves you back about 1" and up a tad compared to stock and you feel really planted in it - no sliding around. And that slight indent really is surprisingly supportive for my lower back considering how small a lip it has.

Didn't particularly care for the look of the wide version with overhangs and my butt ain't all that big - LOL. One benefit no one has mentioned is it's contoured a bit narrower in the front so feet have no problem being flat on the ground when stopped while seated (even with my short 29" inseam legs).

No experience with a back rest, but probably a good idea if you can get past the look, but I haven't felt any need for one. Shop around on ebay - got mine for like $150 shipped a little over a year ago. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Street Bob Mustang Seat Question