Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Mustang Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Street Bob Mustang Seat Question

Grizz,

Did you know that HD makes a fender rack that mounts to the same place as the sissy bar? I am leaning toward that. Do you have a link to the motherwell rack?

Old 05-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the exact same set up at Airborne and like it alot. I have and use always the back rest and unless a passenger is on it is on. I will let you know that the set up is not cheap if you buy it new. Good luck

Old 05-06-2008, 09:02 AM
CK Bobber
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greg,
No need to measure, I can always take it off if I don't like I guess. I see that they also sell a offset bar for the backrest (mustang) if you need a little more room. I guess it's a win/win for the backrest. (Except for the extra $$) Put it on for long rides and take it off when you want to be "cool" around town.

As far as bags go, I went with Leatherworks..... Check them out online. My local Indy sells them and I did a lot of research before I bought, looked at a bunch of other bags. The leatherworks seemed to be the best built ones I saw. 100% leather and very thick, they keep their shape well and I think the indian head nickels add a nice classic touch. I put them on "ez brackets" and pop them on and off in less than a min. The brackets do rattle sometimes and I called the company on it. The said to add a small washer to the back of one of the posts to "offset" them slightly. This fixed the rattle.
Good Luck

Old 05-06-2008, 09:20 AM
SJRACER
Advanced

I recently put on the Mustang Vintage Wide Super Tour Seat on my 07 Wide Glide. Both the wife and I love it. Much better than the stock seat. Anyway no pics yet but another vote for the Mustang seats. They rock.

Steve

Old 05-06-2008, 12:42 PM
CK Bobber
Cruiser

Thanks Steve,
How's the handling on the WG with the mustang seat. Someone on here said they felt a little "disconnected" from the bike because it was too "cushy". I don't want to loose the sporty feel of my SB.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:50 PM
SJRACER
Advanced

I dont notice a difference in the handling. As a matter of fact, I am MUCH more comfortable now. Had I known just how good this seat was, I would have put it on a long time ago. Let us know what you go with.

Steve