Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Mustang Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 07:27 AM
twofish
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-05-2008, 12:16 PM
CK Bobber
Cruiser
Default RE: Street Bob Mustang Seat Question

Thanks for the replies fellas, I'm leaning toward the Wide version of the Mustang vintage. Now anyone have any experience with the passenger pillion to go with it?

I'm still stuck on the Rider backrest as well. I'll agree that the look would probably be odd on a bob but would love to see a few pics of others on bobs/dynas...... No doubt it would be great for the long hauls. Since it's removeable it could be easily stored for around town.

Ultimately my goal is to make my bob a dual bike, loaded down with pillion and removeable sissy I can let the OL pile on and ride, which she loves to do...... Later I can kick her off yank off the sissy and pillion and have the clean solo look.

What do ya'll think.
Thanks

Old 05-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Grizzbare
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CK,

Here are pics of the Mustang Vintage solo, on my FXDC.
This is the standard size..

[IMG]local://upfiles/54993/E2DCE836DD0F4621ABF017103DF346DC.jpg[/IMG]
]

[IMG]local://upfiles/54993/3E8AE3B9928E4A0D96580836055413F4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-05-2008, 01:50 PM
CK Bobber
Cruiser

JBPhoto, Thanks for the pic, which passenger pillion is that???? What does your rider say about it??

Old 05-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: CK Bobber

Thanks for the replies fellas, I'm leaning toward the Wide version of the Mustang vintage. Now anyone have any experience with the passenger pillion to go with it?

I'm still stuck on the Rider backrest as well. I'll agree that the look would probably be odd on a bob but would love to see a few pics of others on bobs/dynas...... No doubt it would be great for the long hauls. Since it's removeable it could be easily stored for around town.

Ultimately my goal is to make my bob a dual bike, loaded down with pillion and removeable sissy I can let the OL pile on and ride, which she loves to do...... Later I can kick her off yank off the sissy and pillion and have the clean solo look.

What do ya'll think.
Thanks
If you re going to try to use the rider backrest while a passenger is back there I wouldn't. I just bought the same seats you are looking at. I have the Vintage and the wide version. The wide version has the rider backrest as well. With the wife on the back and myself with no back rest, well I actually have one, her it was just fine. I also bought the detachable backrest for her. SO to go from a two up rider to a solo rider takes all of about 3 mins. I still have to come up with what to do with the screw mount when I take off the passenger seat. Now when I have it set up for solo and know I will be riding for a long period I can add a back rest for me. This way I am not hanging onto the bars while riding at highway speeds. Once parked you can fold the back rest forward into the seat to clean up th elines of the bike. Give me a few mins and I will take some pics.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member

What do ya'll think.
Thanks
Here are some pics with the passenger set on and the riders backrest, and then just the solo seat with back rest.
Mustang with backrest

Solo seat with backrest

Solo seat with backrest folded

excuse the mess in my garage... [8D]

Old 05-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Grizzbare
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greg, as to what to do with the fender screw when not using the pillion, I ordered a motherwell 7 inch fender rack, I plan on notching the front tab to match the front mustang pillon notch, then use the HD thumb screw as a single point swap from pillion to rack.
will go with deatchable side plates for sissy bar and bags, so can go quick for multiple set ups..

Old 05-05-2008, 11:12 PM
CK Bobber
Cruiser

Greg,
Great info, glad you posted, that's exactly what I need to hear. Does the rider backrest push you forward toward the tank???? I'm right where I need to be, any more forward would probably be too close..... Seems like I'm being picky about this dang backrest but with the budget these days, I've got to really want it to justify the extra cost. Only reason I get to look at new seats is cause the OL **** is sore from last ride What passenger pillion is that, it looks like the recessed wide....

Old 05-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member

ORIGINAL: Grizzbare

Greg, as to what to do with the fender screw when not using the pillion, I ordered a motherwell 7 inch fender rack, I plan on notching the front tab to match the front mustang pillon notch, then use the HD thumb screw as a single point swap from pillion to rack.
will go with deatchable side plates for sissy bar and bags, so can go quick for multiple set ups..
That is a great idea. I am also wanting detachable bags. I reall ylove the stripped down lean look but teh military makes me wear al kinds of "Personal protective equipment" to keep me safe from meyself.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member

Greg,
Great info, glad you posted, that's exactly what I need to hear. Does the rider backrest push you forward toward the tank???? I'm right where I need to be, any more forward would probably be too close..... Seems like I'm being picky about this dang backrest but with the budget these days, I've got to really want it to justify the extra cost. Only reason I get to look at new seats is cause the OL **** is sore from last ride What passenger pillion is that, it looks like the recessed wide....
The backrest is adjustable by a screw. I can measure the seat area from the tank to the rear lip of the rider seat for you. I know what you mean abou tnot wanting to be pushed forward, I love the stretched out feeling I get on my Wide Glide.

PS The wife loved the new rear seat. Her only complaint was that it does not have rear floorboards like my Suzuki does. I am not sure if I want to go "THAT" far in making her comfortable. ....

Quick Reply: Street Bob Mustang Seat Question