Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a thank you for our brothers and sisters over seas

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:10 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: a thank you for our brothers and sisters over seas

From me and mine to all who are or have served, "Thank You".
Doesn't matter what your MOS, you're a Hero to US.
Government or Civilian(yep, you too Jake).
Open offer to anyone who's ever served protecting us, cold beer on demand if you're ever up here in the Mitten.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Skitzer
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a retired Navy Viet Nam Vet and have a son and a grandson serving overseas, one in Iraq and one is Special Forces in Afganistan.
I can't properly express my gratitude and pride in all of the young men and women making enormous sacrifices for us.
God Bless them all and keep them safe and God Bless the USA!

Old 05-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

ORIGINAL: WildBillAce2

I am not a vet myself, but am working in Iraq and I have to tell you that these GREAT young men and women have my utmost respect for the jobs that they do. Thank you to all of you who have and are serving!
Jake is very modest about being a contractor, but on my last deployment the guys from his company fought side by side with our soldiers and they have taken their share of losses too - only difference was the uniform. Although our contractors get compensated well for their time there, you can't do that stuff for just the money, and 99.9% of our contractors there are true patriots too, so thanks Jake, and make it home safe!
Thanks WildBill. I don't ever want to take credit for something I didn't do or for something I'm not. As I stated, these young soldiers have my respect and are my heroes. You are correct that there are some brave contractors over here as well, working hand and hand with the soldiers. God Bless them all.
Jake, it is "One Team, One Fight"... I could not have done my mission if it wasn't for the civilian support be it gov't civilian or contract civilian.... And I thank you...[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-06-2008, 03:05 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Airborne350G

ORIGINAL: WildBillAce2

I am not a vet myself, but am working in Iraq and I have to tell you that these GREAT young men and women have my utmost respect for the jobs that they do. Thank you to all of you who have and are serving!
Jake is very modest about being a contractor, but on my last deployment the guys from his company fought side by side with our soldiers and they have taken their share of losses too - only difference was the uniform. Although our contractors get compensated well for their time there, you can't do that stuff for just the money, and 99.9% of our contractors there are true patriots too, so thanks Jake, and make it home safe!
Thanks WildBill. I don't ever want to take credit for something I didn't do or for something I'm not. As I stated, these young soldiers have my respect and are my heroes. You are correct that there are some brave contractors over here as well, working hand and hand with the soldiers. God Bless them all.
Jake, it is "One Team, One Fight"... I could not have done my mission if it wasn't for the civilian support be it gov't civilian or contract civilian.... And I thank you...[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Thanks bro, much appreciated.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:09 PM
wtf6316
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your suport. I was with another new member SGTLAKEY. I found this forum by acident and showed him. We are both glad you are all here to support us in fighting for freedom and riding Harleys.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:52 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: rmatt34

ORIGINAL: sgtlakey

I am currently overseas and about to begin my journey back to the states from Iraq. I have to say it really makes me feel good inside to read this thread and other threads like this one. I am very proud to serve the U.S. and I am also proud to have worked with other coalition forces such as the British, Australians, and the Romanians. Thanks everyone for all your support, and I hope to be back in the saddle with some of you guys in a couple of weeks.

That is what it is all about, sgtlakey...we can't begin to thank you and the other troops enough for what you guys (and gals) are doing..If you could do just one thing for us here before you head home, and just let as many soldiers as you can know that; we support them, our thoughts and prayers are with them, and we thank them with all of our hearts....

here's to a safe trip home.......[sm=usa.gif]

If you come to Laconia bike week , look me up so I can buy you two or twelve beers....

rmatt...look for my bike the 1st and last weekend...I'll have a beer with you.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:18 PM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen to all the thanks and well wishes for all the active duty, vets and families, including my husband, known to you as Joe.1955 for his 11 years in the US Navy.

God bless you all and keep you safe.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:01 AM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you to all those serving at home and abroad and thank you to all veterans of foreign wars. Now lets take care of them when they come home, call your Congress critter and ask them tosupport the NewGI Bill S.22by Senator Jim Web and then callthe shrub and tell him not to veto the new GI bill!!!!!
http://webb.senate.gov/
CB

Old 05-20-2008, 05:08 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: donna.1965

Amen to all the thanks and well wishes for all the active duty, vets and families, including my husband, known to you as Joe.1955 for his 11 years in the US Navy.

Congrats to you and Joe for making it over the hump. I truly believe it is a team(Family) effort.We hit 21this year and since my family and I are headed over seas looks like I will be doing at least 25 before I am done.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:24 AM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airborne350G

ORIGINAL: donna.1965

Congrats to you and Joe for making it over the hump. I truly believe it is a team(Family) effort.We hit 21this year and since my family and I are headed over seas looks like I will be doing at least 25 before I am done.
Congrats to you and your family for getting through so many years. Unfortunately, I get no credit for it, as I didn't meet him until after he got out.

Quick Reply: a thank you for our brothers and sisters over seas