Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a thank you for our brothers and sisters over seas

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: a thank you for our brothers and sisters over seas

I have a step son doing his third tour in Iraq (near Mosul). I have the utmost respect and admiration for the men and women who continually put themselves in harms way to protect our great nation and it's people. Thank you!!!! God Bless America and our soldiers.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:01 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see some support for the troops , I was hoping to see more posts , but this is a start ...

It would be great for a bunch of us to donate stuff we've taken off our bikes then auction it off to support wounded soldiers and thier families.. it should include the entire forum and be organized by a moderator or administrator. I know I would be willing to help....

I will put this out there and hope for some feedback / response ...

Old 05-04-2008, 10:16 PM
sgtlakey
Cruiser

I am currently overseas and about to begin my journey back to the states from Iraq. I have to say it really makes me feel good inside to read this thread and other threads like this one. I am very proud to serve the U.S. and I am also proud to have worked with other coalition forces such as the British, Australians, and the Romanians. Thanks everyone for all your support, and I hope to be back in the saddle with some of you guys in a couple of weeks.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:26 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sgtlakey

I am currently overseas and about to begin my journey back to the states from Iraq. I have to say it really makes me feel good inside to read this thread and other threads like this one. I am very proud to serve the U.S. and I am also proud to have worked with other coalition forces such as the British, Australians, and the Romanians. Thanks everyone for all your support, and I hope to be back in the saddle with some of you guys in a couple of weeks.

That is what it is all about, sgtlakey...we can't begin to thank you and the other troops enough for what you guys (and gals) are doing..If you could do just one thing for us here before you head home, and just let as many soldiers as you can know that; we support them, our thoughts and prayers are with them, and we thank them with all of our hearts....

here's to a safe trip home.......[sm=usa.gif]

If you come to Laconia bike week , look me up so I can buy you two or twelve beers....

Old 05-04-2008, 10:38 PM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

I am not a vet myself, but am working in Iraq and I have to tell you that these GREAT young men and women have my utmost respect for the jobs that they do. Thank you to all of you who have and are serving!
Jake is very modest about being a contractor, but on my last deployment the guys from his company fought side by side with our soldiers and they have taken their share of losses too - only difference was the uniform. Although our contractors get compensated well for their time there, you can't do that stuff for just the money, and 99.9% of our contractors there are true patriots too, so thanks Jake, and make it home safe!

Old 05-04-2008, 10:45 PM
jbphoto
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There have been many wonderful sentiments expressed here to all the personnel serving in the armed services both here and abroad and I agree with each and every one.

Let me just say, as a vet, I salute you... One and all.

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
[sm=americanasmiley.gif] [sm=americanasmiley.gif] [sm=americanasmiley.gif] [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

[sm=biker2.gif]

If ANY vet is in my neck of West Virginia I'd be honored to
buy you a beer or two or three...

MACV 68/69

Old 05-05-2008, 01:05 AM
kev6212
Intermediate

I am Army. Leaving for Iraq in a month.TheSoldiers I command arenormal people. They have kids, parents, husbands and wives. I know all of them well. They all make sacrifices, so don't forget to thank the spouses and loved ones who support their Soldier too.

Oh by the way...for any of you out there who used to be 4th ID at Ft. Hood we have now reflagged to 1st Cav! "First Team!"

Old 05-05-2008, 01:20 AM
sgtlakey
Cruiser

Thanks and I will tell as many people as I can. I started by telling all the people who relieved us, not only that everyone back in the states is thinkin of them but about the forum and how great everyone is on here!

Old 05-05-2008, 05:37 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks to all for the kind words... I am deploying this summer as well. Although I get it a lot from civilians and veterans, I also try to always pass on my appreciation for the service of my fellow soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines--from U.S. and Coalition partners! Well done ... Bravo Zulu!

Very respectfully,
Priest

Old 05-05-2008, 07:07 AM
bikerdog134
Road Master

god bless and protect you all.im a vet and i thank you for your service and sacrafices

Quick Reply: a thank you for our brothers and sisters over seas