Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog chapters..... who rides with them?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008 | 11:36 AM
dajam_fxdli
Cruiser
Default RE: Hog chapters..... who rides with them?

ORIGINAL: arnold

Not just no, HELL no!
For all the above neg reasons and then some.
Rode on a H.O.G. run w about 200, (seemed like thousands).
Bigest cluster truck ever, no brotherhood there, you break or fall to the side no one even noticed. Fortunatly my ride didnt break.
Front capn did fine, rear gaurd was just there, mass insanity anywhere in between.
And yes, there are lots o nice folks riding H.O.G., there are also lots o folks w absolutly no clue.
And on the hwy I dont run 50, or 60, or usualy 70, stager, space out just a tad, and MOVE on.
And I will ride side by side with someone who knows what they are doing and can hold a line, all that kinda puts me out of that "realm".
I also dont have 5 lbs of meaningless crap hanging on my 'vest', err, jacket, er, vest, or whatever the hell that **** is.
P.P.S. I dont have 1200 bucks of designer leather 'I wear this now n then' ****.
To all H.O.G menbers this bitch does NOT refer to, dont take offense.
I do like H.O.G., just not the chapter crap.
IMHO, One HOG chapter, I belongedto promoted rookies (first bike)as ride captains, scared the hell out of me, so needless to say, I moved on. On another note, I have to admit there are many who have a vest that has more metal on them then the bike thier ridingdoes.... Sort of sad and funny at the same time. My vest has nothing on it that does not have "meaning" no event pins, unless of course I was part of it, in the sense that I participated/organized it, not just attended it. If I had a pin or patch for all the event i have been to I would have to drive a truck but to each thier own.

Old 05-03-2008 | 12:12 PM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master

It's all in the mind set (since this came up). Don't get me wrong...ride what you want, when you want and wear what ya want when you want. The biker world is like any other part of society. People who are too cool, aren't cool enough...this one ..that one. Enough already...just live ya life 'cause it's too friggin short. I rode Yamahas in the 70's and have the same philosophy towards riding as I do today. Trailer to Sturgis...don't trailer to Sturgis...I don't ride with HOG chpters as a rule and I don't trailer to Sturgis..if you do I'll see you there...eat a cupcake in the truck for me[sm=rolleyes.gif]

Old 05-03-2008 | 12:29 PM
mikeurig
Road Master

I used to ride with the local HOG group but there only 8 - 12 of us that would ride together. Then the owner took control and that was pretty much the end of group riding for me. Too much infighting.
And there were idiots who just had to ride like there was no tomorrow and just about run into other riders.
Another reason I don't ride with a group is because they go out and end up stopping at some eatery where I like to ride, I ride to see the sights and maybe stop for fuel/drink and sometimes lunch on Saturday but then it's back in the saddle.
Most of my rides are 200 miles not just cruising around.